Winter fruit favourites?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Piccolina

Executive Chef
As the cold weather settles in for many of us (I envy you lucky people in climates that stay warm all year!) what sorts of fruit recipes do you like to make? I like to stick with seasonal produce when I can - if you're ever tried a strawberry in Canada (or Ireland) in the winter you'll likely understand why :LOL:

Apples and pears seem to be my winter staple, raisins and other dried fruit show up on the menu frequently too. What are you winter time fruit favourites?

Apples. Pies!! Yummmers!:)
and my MIL cans the most delish peaches.
I make a pretty good cobbler with them.

To cook with apples are also my favourites. To eat them fresh, I found that Lychees become much more available during the winter. They are delicious to eat just as they are...

I love lychees! I'll have to look around for them in my grocery store. I mostly buy apples, pears, and bananas, in the winter.

I use apples a lot in the winter - also imported fruits from South Africa like oranges and lemons.

amber said:
I love lychees! I'll have to look around for them in my grocery store. I mostly buy apples, pears, and bananas, in the winter.
Me too on both parts as well Amber. If you can score them in the colder months persimmons are a joy to eat and cook with too.

Back
Top Bottom