What Is Your Favorite Pie?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is Your Favorite Pie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I can't vote, because I can't make up my mind. I like fruit pies, lemon, coconut, chocolate, pecan, derby, chess - you name it, I like it. berry - any nut - I never met a pie I didn't like. I even ate some sweet potato pie last week.

I'm with licia on this one. Just bring on da pie, any kind! Altho with the weather turning cooler, my thoughts are turning to trying more savory meat pies this fall/winter to stick to our ribs.

However, I guess my weakness would be fruit pies, because you can always put a nice healthy glop of vanilla ice cream on top and all is well with the world.

I love all kinds of pie, but fruit pies are my favorite.
My husband's favorite is my apple crumb, but we also love cherry pie with almond flavoring, and peach. My grandmother used to make a fabulous strawberry/rhubarb, and I used to make gooseberry pies for my daddy.
We have a lot of wild blackberries around here, so blackberry cobbler is a big local favorite. I use Bisquick to top mine, using the shortcake recipe with sugar, and just spoon it on top. HB doesn't care for them though, because the seeds get stuck in his teeth.
I make a lot of fruit crisps, too, using the same streusel topping with oatmeal that I use for my crumb-topped pies.

Hey, wait a minute! Chocolate-peanut butter wasn't an option! I've never had it, but I'm changing my vote from pecan to that anyway! I LOVE that combo!

Ishbel, could you post the recipe for the Scottish Steak Pie, please?

(Mish, loved the Sasquash joke! LOL!)

Lee

I voted for everything but the Meringue pies and mince. I think of Meringue and Custard pies in the same group. I never have tried mince, so I can't make up my mind about it.

I would have to say either a chicken pot pie, or a nut pie. We grow blackberries and they make a good pie too!

Cameron

I think the mince pie is an acquired taste and I haven't quite acquired a taste for it yet. Also, the idea of suet in a recipe is something not for me. I like to feed the birds with it in the winter, but not for my personal taste.

licia said:
I think the mince pie is an acquired taste and I haven't quite acquired a taste for it yet. Also, the idea of suet in a recipe is something not for me. I like to feed the birds with it in the winter, but not for my personal taste.

When I make mince pie for my grandpa (he's the only one in the family who likes it), I use butter that's extremely chilled and grate it (with a box grater) in place of the suet.

licia said:
I can't vote, because I can't make up my mind. I like fruit pies, lemon, coconut, chocolate, pecan, derby, chess - you name it, I like it. berry - any nut - I never met a pie I didn't like. I even ate some sweet potato pie last week.
I feel much the same, though my top favs would probably have to be chicken (or turkey) pot pie, peach, raspberry and cherry! This thread is making me very hungry, might have to bake a pie today as well as the muffins I was planning on :mrgreen:

Bringing Back The Pies

Bumping it up.

So... what pie(s) have/has everyone decided on for T-Day?

dw is making an apple pie with liquor soaked raisins, and i am thinking about making urmainiac's tiramisu. ok, it's not a pie. and if you argue with me, you ain't gettin a slice, neither...:-p

buckytom said:
dw is making an apple pie with liquor soaked raisins, and i am thinking about making urmainiac's tiramisu. ok, it's not a pie. and if you argue with me, you ain't gettin a slice, neither...:-p

You wouldn't trifle with me - would you? :LOL:

ok, you may have some mish, but none of you other guys.

as mudbug, or someone like that once said, "let them eat cake!"

buckytom said:
ok, you may have some mish, but none of you other guys.

as mudbug, or someone like that once said, "let them eat cake!"

WOO-Hoo. I'll bring the mascarpone. What turkey? :LOL:

Licia, I've never made a sweet potato pie. Is it sweet like a pie/dessert, or like a sweet potato casserole? Guessing the origin is perhaps Southern. I'm a NYC girl, and would love a recipe and learn about the origin. :)

Last edited:
yes, recipe please, licia.

i've heard about them so many times, but have never had one.

will smith's grandma makes the best ones on "the fresh prince of bel air".
yes, i watch too much tv... :wacko:

buckytom said:
will smith's grandma makes the best ones on "the fresh prince of bel air".yes, i watch too much tv... :wacko:

:LOL: :ROFLMAO: :LOL: I still want Sue Anne Nivins (Mary Tyler Moore) recipe for Veal Oscar.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom