What Is Your Favorite Pie?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is Your Favorite Pie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mish

Washing Up
Fruit (Apple, Peach, Cherry, Rhubarb, Berry, etc.)

Pumpkin

Custard

Cream (Boston, etc.)

Meringue

Mince

Cheese (Cream Cheese, Cheesecake)

Pecan

Pot Pies

Other (Show us your recipe)

I'm a berry pie girl. I love saskatoon pie, and rhubarb and the occasional good apple pie too. Mmmmmmmmmm.

It's a tie between Apple with homemade vanilla bean ice cream
and warm right out of the oven pecan!

alix, what is a saskatoon pie? (see, i even refrained from asking what part of the goose or moose does a saskatoon come from?)

Fruit, pumpkin, custard (esp. coconut custard!), cheese... I also picked "others" as I also adore strudels and cobblers (fruit crumbles)...

I also like savoury pies like quiche and "torta rustica" with ricotta, spinach, cheese etc., and I also like pies with puff pastry shells as well as short bread crusts...

buckytom said:
alix, what is a saskatoon pie? (see, i even refrained from asking what part of the goose or moose does a saskatoon come from?)

It wouldn't be this one - Or could it? :LOL:

BT, you're all dressed up for dinner. Love your new avatar. :)

img_190576_0_6b902e0ff9d4255530db5d5917d001d9.jpg

img_190576_1_27432923d3f5950a1547871a62907389.jpg

Buckytom, you are such a goof. Saskatoons are a prairie type berry that taste a bit like blueberries only are more al dente and less sweet. I have a pic of one of MY pies, but can't find it at the moment. I am not even going to comment on that moose thing...

Thanks, Alix. I'm not familiar with the pie. I would Love to try it.

Another favorite, is B'stilla (sp). I ate it at a Morrocan restaurant, and would like to give it a try. It's a chicken pie, with yummy spices (cinnamon, raisins, etc.) and dusted with powdered sugar(?).

There are so many varieties, I didn't have enough room in the poll...but basically, a dessert-type pie, is what I had in mind - rather than a puff pastry or phyllo dough - with the holidays rolling around. But, I welcome any new recipes.

ok, got it. bland berries that are as hard as rocks, yummmmmmm.

(kidding. i'm sure they're good :) )

buckytom said:
ok, got it. bland berries that are as hard as rocks, yummmmmmm.

(kidding. i'm sure they're good :) )

WhyyoulittleIoughta... buckytom they are NOT bland! You are such a brat!

Mish, they are not exactly readily available, you could likely find them online or in a specialty store, but they are expensive to buy HERE so I can only imagine what they would cost to be shipped. :ohmy: If you ever get up here, look for them. They are worth trying.

All the fruit pies you can think of are my favorite! You forgot to include mango pie. It's Yum-O!

Hey mish, that U Pick farm is in Ontario. Loooong way away from me. Long way from Saskatoon too. Heeheehee!!

Back
Top Bottom