Tiramisu Bon Bons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mish

Washing Up
This recipe had me thinking about other possibilities to try -- perhaps marbeled cheesecake or carrot cake chocolate covered bon bons. Any ideas on some creative frozen cake bon bons? Another idea is to freeze them on a stick (Similar to a lollipop dessert or salmon appy I think I posted awhile back.)

Tiramisu Bon Bons
Yields: about 12 bon bons

1 store-bought or home made tiramisu
1/2 pound bittersweet chocolate cut into small pieces, or bittersweet chocolate chips

Using a melon baller, spoon out balls from tiramisu to create the bon bons. Freeze the bon bons on a cookie sheet for at least 1 hour or over night.

Melt chocolate in a double boiler until smooth and glossy. Dip frozen tiramisu bon bons in melted chocolate until covered on all sides.

Place bon bons on a cookie sheet covered in parchment or waxed paper and return them to the freezer. Take bon bons out of freezer and let them thaw for about 15 minutes before serving.

Thank you, pds. :)

This is a pic of cheesecake on a stick, and I am wondering if this is how it was made - re covering it in melted chocolate and freezing... and if I could do tiramisu using this method.

That sure looks like it would be fun to eat.

I don't see why you couldn't do the tiramisu that way.

Tisamisu is my DH very favourite dessert (9 times out of 10 if it's on a dessert menu that's what he'll order, and he requests it any time I ask what he might like for dessert at home! :LOL:). I'm always looking for new spins on this classic, thanks Mish :)

me too picolina. the first time i had it was probably one of the best, and ever since i've been obsessed with matching that "first kiss" as it were.
the moscarpone whip was light, sweet and delicious, and held together layers of perfectly espresso/amaretto moistened lady fingers. not too dry, not soggy.
it's best after a great meal with a little espresso and grappa, then the cigar...

Piccolina said:
Grazie Mish! I think we might have mentioned this one in another DC tiramisu thread, but it's such a cute idea it deserves to be mentied over and over.

Yep. That was me. Thanks for your reply.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom