Help with chicken dish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

renea1

Assistant Cook
I was going to try out a new recipe for a copycas of TGIF's Sizzling Chicken and Cheese........
and I came across this sentence and have no idea what they are telling me to do.....it does not make any sense..........does anyone know what this means......

"Heat cast iron skillet on burner over medium heat until very hot. Place mashed potatoes on top portion of skillet. Place cheeses on bottom portion of skillet and cover with pepper and onion medley. Add chicken to top of pepper and onion medley, resting on potatoes. Top with chopped parsley. Serve “sizzling."

how do you place something on top portion of skillet???? and if you put cheese on the bottom of a cast iron skilllet wouldn't it stick???

Help!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't understand it either, until I Googled and found the entire recipe.

The "skillet" they are talking about is a special one that they use for presentation at the table. It's like what some restaurants serve fajitas or steak on. See the red sentence, below.

They heat up the pan, then put it in the wooden holder, THEN they present the potatoes, cheese, vegs, and chicken on top of that.

The cheese must get crispy, I imagine. Sounds great and maybe I'll try it, as I have some of those metal plates (I heat them in the oven) with wooden holders.

Lee

[FONT=arial, verdana]T.G.I. Friday's® Sizzling Chicken & Cheese[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, verdana]Ingredients:[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, verdana]
2 4-oz. chicken breasts2 Tbs. olive oil
1 tsp. chopped garlic
1/2 cup of shredded Chihuahua white cheese
2 slices of American cheese

For the Marinade
2 Tbs. chopped garlic
2 Tbs. chopped parsley
2 oz. olive oil
1 tsp. crushed red chilies
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. salt

For the Pepper & Onion Medley Julienne:
1 green pepper
1 red pepper
1 yellow onion

For Serving Plates:
For each serving: 1 cast iron skillet with wooden liner (available in most cookware/kitchenware stores and department stores)

[/FONT][FONT=arial, verdana]Directions:[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, verdana]Step 1 - Preparing Chicken Breasts and Marinade Pound chicken breasts to even thickness (place in a plastic bag, let air out of bag and seal to eliminate splattering on countertops and eliminating an food safety concerns) Combine all marinade ingredients Place chicken breasts in marinade; refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours Step 2 - Pepper & Onion Medly Julienne Slice peppers and onions into 3/8-inch strips Sauté peppers and onions in olive oil until "al dente" Season with salt and pepper Step 3 - Chicken Breasts and Serving Plate Sauté chicken breasts in olive oil over medium heat; cook evenly on both sides to a golden brown color (about 165°)Heat the cast iron skillet on a burner over medium heat until very hot Using tongs, transfer skillet to wooden liner Place mashed potatoes on top portion of skillet Place cheeses on bottom portion of skillet and cover with pepper and onion medley Add chicken to top of pepper and onion medley, resting on potatoes Top with chopped parsley Serve "sizzling"[/FONT]

wow YOu are great!!! Thank you so much for replying
I would love to hear how it turns out for you, if you make it too!

It sounds really good doesnt it!
I don't thinkg I have ever had anything from TGI Friday's that wasn't delicious.

Thanks again it does make sense now.

renea

If y'all don't mind my two centavos, I think the instructions might be referring to the presentation of the meal as it is placed in front of you. The "top portion" of the skillet being the farthest and the "bottom portion" being the nearest. Actually, the more I read it, the more confused I become.:wacko: Either way, it does sound good!

Back
Top Bottom