I Want To Scream!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crewsk

Master Chef
OK, I've been trying to get my kitchen clean (again:rolleyes: ) for Thanksgiving. Well, my sink has decided to be a pain in the you-know-what:censored: & won't drain properly. Well, I got under the sink & cleaned out the cabinet because I figured the trap was stopped up from something that one of us had put down the disposal. Well, there's nothing there or in any of the other pipes!!! So, it must be further down the line where I refuse to go. I'm going to get some drain cleaner when I pick the kids up from school & see if that helps. If not, I'm stuck until hubby gets home from work tonight. On top of this, when I was replacing one of the pipes, my hand slipped on it & I busted a blood vessel in my thumb. :furious:

Bummer, crewsk. Been there, done that. More concerned bout your thumb, the rest will work out. If you tossed something down the disposal you shouldn't have (& who hasn't), in all likelihood that draino stuff won't do it. If the water is filling up and won't go down, chances are - you have to call a plumber - or get the plunger. Whew. I know it's a headache. Hope you get it straightened out and a Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

I know how that is!

I had the pipe going out from the kitchen freeze up on my last winter, which made it impossible to use the kitchen for about 2 weeks. :(

You might need a meeting with Mr. Snake. That eventually worked for me after I thawed the pipe out.

Take care of your thumb!!

Ok, Scream away!
Both in pain and frustration.
Bad time for this to happen but I
have a feeling that everything will work out.

By the way... I think it's GREAT that you checked out
your own pipes. I'd never get brave enough to do pipe work. Yippeeeee for you!!!!! : -)

Now you did it!

Found reason not to have anyone come over for Thanksgiving. How can you prepare anything with your thumb messed up? Who would want to put you through all that? Guess you just have to settle for canned dinner. This is only warning not to expect too much because something you don't plan on always happens. Never fails. Life isn't perfect and we have to just accept it. Don't like to throw cold water on your day but if all you have t o do is scream. have at it! Just close the doors when you do. Your neighbors don't have to know what's going on. My neighbors seem to expect me to have bad luck. Probably because I rather keep my heartache to myself. Just the kind I am around here. I lean on people here for real support. Thanks to all my friends here who hear me complain. crewsk, tomorrow another day. Try to be patient.

Thanks y'all! My thumb will be ok by tomorrow. I have a tendency to bust blood vessels in my hands a lot. Odd thing is, I don't bruise easily. Oh well, that's just one of life's mysteries.

Mish, I figure the Drano is the lesser of the evils so I'd start with that. I hate calling plumbers, especially the ones around here. They kinda give me the creeps.:ermm:

Jenny, thankfully it's not cold enough to freeze here, yet.

Pds, I got quite experienced with fixing the pipes at our first house. The person who put them in didn't have everything straight so they had to be held together with PVC sealer. About every 2 or 3 months I was under there putting things back together. There's nothing like getting your feet soaked with whatever you're dumping down the drain to wake you up!:wacko:

ITK, thankfully all my neighbors are at work & they couldn't hear me screaming earlier. They would have thought they were living next to a sailor.:blush:

Last edited:
If you haven't had a tetnus shot, get a tube of Mycetracin and keep that on your thumb, DH hasn't had a shot in 30 years and this stuff works really well even when the tetnus already set in. As for the sink, the only plumbing I know is how to flush the toilet! Good luck to you girl!

Texasgirl, I've had my tetnus shot. Thankfully it didn't break the skin, it helped that I was wearing rubber gloves too. I wasn't about to start taking the pipes off without them.:sick:

Ouch! Sorry you hurt yourself. Sinks can be a pain.

Grace

Draino

Works for me! Worry about it if it does it again. Plumbers I call won't look at anything else but what you call about. They tell me we have t o come back for that job. Their idea is t o charge for another house call. Seems like unfair to me. I guess I have to be in some kind of union to get things done that I know need repair and then they charge by t he minute. I don't want to even say hello at the price I have to pay. No wonder people seem unfriendly. Hope you have luck crewsk. If not, I will probably hear you scream.

img_195293_0_ec217a1428dc9183eaa1b3a57b3b6e4b.jpg

ITK, I'm hoping the Draino works too. If not, it'll have to wait till after Thanksgiving. I'll just have to live with a slow drain & not put anything through the disposal.

Thanks wasabi! I need to print that out & redeem it ASAP!!:)

crewsk, there is no expiration date and may be used more than once.:)

oh man crewsk that's a bummer. we tend to have a problem with tree roots growing into our pipes so we have to snake ours out a few times a year. hope your problem is something simple. take care of your thumb !

Thanks middie! Well, GREAT news! Hubby got this stuff called Liquid Lightning Drain Cleaner, it's Virgin Sulfuric Acid w/12 Buffers (whatever those are:ermm: ) & it took care of it with no problems!! My thumb is feeling much better today, there's just a beautiful purple bruise on it.:rolleyes: Thank you all again for making me feel better!

Good for you crewsk

Doesn't wasabi have the neatest messages? I always admire her notes of cheer. She truly is unique. Glad you are feeling better and thankful you have hubby who knows how to make you happy. That way sore thumb doesn't hurt too much. What a relief!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom