What do you do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
This has probably already been done, sorry if so. Just curious. What do you do for a living? Do you like it, are you happy?

I am the one and only graphics person in my bil's sign company. I do the drawings for approval and apply the vinyl to all the signs.
I like it okay. I'm sick of the DRAMA!! I want to find another job, but, I wouldn't be able to find one here with the flexibility that I have and I've been out of clerical work too long and wouldn't know how to run most of the new programs.

That can be a loaded question. Especially for me. But, I'll give you a glimpse into the life of the Big Dog.

I have a bachelor of science degree in law enforcement, although I am not currently in law enforcement. Not for lack of trying. Problem there is far more applicants than openings. Also, I'm no spring chicken, and most of the competition are people barely in their 20's and the same education/training. The problem with going elsewhere is that none of my training would transfer with me.

So, I'm looking into culinary arts, and likely going back to school for that.

In the mean time, I work for a company that sells moving and packing supplies (boxes, bubble wrap, etc.) bot wholesale and retail. My title is sales, but I spend more time warehousing and delivering than selling. As a side part to the job, the company rents Budget moving trucks, so I am involved in that too. As for liking my job, it's a rollercoaster ride. It's not where I want to make my career, that's for sure. Pay sucks, and the hours and work is far more then I am paid. But, it works for now, and there is flexibility for schooling. Hopefully doors will open and I can do something I enjoy while not killing myself doing it!

I have a degree in Early Childhood Development that I put to good use being a stay at home mom. Before having the privilege of staying at home, I worked as a K-4 teacher in a day care/private kindergarten. I was there for 5 years & the first 2 I spent in school getting my degree & working with various age groups from infants through 4th or 5th grade(can't remember the cut off grade), the last 3 years were spent as a K-4 teacher. I loved the job & working with the kids but was not happy with the director & some of the other office staff. They had their favorite employees & it was very obvious. Anyway, I'm very happy being able to care for my children & give 100% to my family.

I have the best job in the world.
I get to stay home and take care of Paulie.
I never really wanted to be or do anything else.
I count myself very lucky.

I Guess right now, I am a "Barbara's Boy Toy":ohmy: , I am Looking for work, and I am a "Jack of all Trades":huh: . I last Managed a Junk Shop ! :)

mudbug said:
Engineers usually can't write well, therefore I edit.

Just call me the punctuation police, or the grammar Nazi. Or word nerd.

Again, you made me LOL. I'm a word nerd too.

I am a mental health therapist. I'm casual, so I have to wait til they call me to go in and mess with impressionable young minds. Otherwise, I'm a mom and a wife.

I'm a Domestic Goddess.
img_195377_0_983b3a19b44f7add6cc01658fff9eb89.jpg

While my kids were in school, I was lucky enough to be a stay at home mom, then care caring for my mother-in-law, when she passed away, I went to work at our pharmacy as a pharmacy tech..I've been there about 12 years..Now on Jan. 12, I will retire:LOL: And to be honest, I'm back and forth do I wnat to or don't I..Either way, I'll still be watching kiddies and all that good stuff:LOL: I just hope I don't start singing I love you, you love me were a happy family or start to sound like Elmo:ROFLMAO: I'd most likely scare anyone who came to the door:-p
kadesma

i'm a bakery clerk. in the spring i'm planning on going back to school to hopefully one day be a veterinarian assistant.

kadesma said:
While my kids were in school, I was lucky enough to be a stay at home mom, then care caring for my mother-in-law, when she passed away, I went to work at our pharmacy as a pharmacy tech..I've been there about 12 years..Now on Jan. 12, I will retire:LOL: And to be honest, I'm back and forth do I wnat to or don't I..Either way, I'll still be watching kiddies and all that good stuff:LOL: I just hope I don't start singing I love you, you love me were a happy family or start to sound like Elmo:ROFLMAO: I'd most likely scare anyone who came to the door:-p
kadesma

Retirement! Yipppppeeeee!!!!
We'll have to throw you an online party to celebrate!
Congrats!:) :) :) :)

What do I do? You mean aside from as little as possible??

I work in the auto industry (nothing like living on the edge these days...).
Meanwhile, I'm slowly completeing classes for an MBA, and plotting to take over the world (Or it least win the lotto, that would probably be less work...).

John

any of you can just look at "my occupation" on my profile, that says it all...:LOL: Well, I try to help Cristiano with his workload when I can, doing some graphic works, data entry, accounting etc... I wish I were more competent both with Italian language and IT business so I could do more for him...
aside from that I am also a
img_195585_0_983b3a19b44f7add6cc01658fff9eb89.jpg
:ROFLMAO:

You could say I am a Student Journalist. I make 4 newsletters and I am a Freshman in homeschool High School.

Cameron

First and foremost, I'm a stay-home mom of 3 and wife. I have a bachelor's degree in Fashion Design and a second degree in Bilingual Elementary education. I'm a part-time teacher providing energy and power into students' little minds, including my own kids. I'm also a Pampered Chef consultant teaching ADULTS how to cook and safely and efficiently utilize their cookware. I love what I do.

Back
Top Bottom