Paula's Pumpkin Bars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sarah

Head Chef
has anyone tried these bars,these look really good and so easy to make,i'm gonna make them today...here's the recipe incase you havent watched that episode on food tv.

Bars:
4 eggs
1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
15-ounce can pumpkin
2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda

Icing:
8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Using an electric mixer at medium speed, combine the eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin until light and fluffy. Stir together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda. Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture and mix at low speed until thoroughly combined and the batter is smooth. Spread the batter into a greased 13 by 10-inch baking pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool completely before frosting. Cut into bars. To make the icing: Combine the cream cheese and butter in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the sugar and mix at low speed until combined. Stir in the vanilla and mix again. Spread on cooled pumpkin bars.

i dont have cream cheese at hand,and cant go out today,any suggestions about any other frosting for these? whipped cream maybe?

Thanks, sarah! I love everything pumpkin!! Maybe you could just sift some powdered sugar over the top instead of frosting.

ok i made these,and used a butter frosting,that is made by mixing up some melted butter with powdered sugar,vanilla and some heavy cream.I gotta say they are good,but not great tasting as i expected,i cant really taste pumpkin in them,donno why,but they are really soft and cake like,not a bad choice for a last minute emergency dessert recipe.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom