December weigh in thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kyles

Head Chef
Hi all, I'm back!!!!

I have actually lost some weight, I am now 207 pounds, down from 262 in January, so I am a very happy camper. I have been on a two month plateau, but I figure my body has had to have a rest to get used to the new lighter me. My ultimate goal is 140-150 so I still have a ways to go.

My mini goal is to be 30 pounds lighter by May when I go back to Australia for a holiday, and to be at goal by June 2006, when I turn 35.

How is everyone doing?

I don't weigh myself more than once a year at the Dr's office. My scale is currently sitting in the garage where it has been since I weighed some chickens. (Stupid story don't ask)

However...I have recently decided to get fit so can I contribute to this thread with stuff like, "My pants are looser" or "I had to buy new jeans today in a smaller size"? I want to make myself accountable and check in, just not with numbers.

Hello Kyles!!

That is great to know that you are getting healthier and fitter!! However, don't be overly concerned with what the scale tells you, and listen to your body and how you feel with yourself carefully. When you can go on further and feel stronger when you exercise, you are on a right track even if the amount of your weight won't budge. It is, more importantly, about your health much more than just your weight. Good luck with your quest, you are doing great!!:)

Congrats Kyles.......we're proud of you!! Be sure to treat yourself to something each month as a reward.....like a manicure.....you deserve it!

Alix said:
I have recently decided to get fit so can I contribute to this thread with stuff like, "My pants are looser"

move to norris! :)

ok, i'll bite. weighing chickens?

That's fantastic kyles!! I'm proud of you!!!!
So far, I have lost the 5 lbs again. We'll see if it keeps going this time. I haven't been excersing this week, too sick and not wanting to even breathe, much less even look at the torture devise. :eek:)

The chicken thing is really boring. I wish it were interesting, and believe me, I sat here for a bit trying to think of a more interesting story...not happening.

I get farm chickens twice a year, and quite a few of my friends buy them too. Since the price is per pound, I have to weigh the chickens each person buys and charge them accordingly. See...boring.

However, this is the only use my scale gets. Sad but true.

Alix said:
The chicken thing is really boring. I wish it were interesting, and believe me, I sat here for a bit trying to think of a more interesting story...not happening.

I get farm chickens twice a year, and quite a few of my friends buy them too. Since the price is per pound, I have to weigh the chickens each person buys and charge them accordingly. See...boring.

Actually, we run a fat farm for plump poultry. :chicken: And we need a way to monitor their progress.

(THAT'S a much better story Alix.)

im posting this even though im sure it will make many people mad...

im 34 years old, 5ft. 8in. and weigh in at 142...and have a very athletic build.

i hardly ever work out, and eat like a pig!! in fact, i have to maintain a 3500 calorie / day diet just to avoid loosing weight!

sorry... but u asked!! lol

Heh heh heh, Big Dog didn't come from no where!

Anyways, I've been noticing changes like somewhat looser pants, but the weight doesn't change, or if it does, it goes up. My current job requires some fairly strenuous (sp?) work and my upper body has been getting a heck of a workout on consistant basis.

I think I said it elsewhere, but if not, I'm 6 foot tall and build like a lineman for a football team. Not one to meet in a dark alley, that's for sure. Actual weight? Dunno, been too long since I was on a scale. Besides, Most scales stop around 280, which isn't high enough. Like I said, football lineman . . . . hee hee hee.

Ken said:
Actually, we run a fat farm for plump poultry. :chicken: And we need a way to monitor their progress.

(THAT'S a much better story Alix.)

do you make them cross the road, back and forth, to lose weight?

buckytom, I have the feeling that you and Ken would get along together very well. I think I will make sure you don't get the chance to meet and double team me. :rolleyes: *Muttering...fat farm...crossing the street...SHEESH!*

I am now down to 253 pounds from a peak weight of 310. When I changed my eating habits (I do not like the term diet, it sounds temporary) I was 305. I have gone from a 56 jacket to a 48 long. I have gone from a 19 inch neck with a 36 inch sleeve to a 17 inch neck with a 35 inch sleeve. Today I had to go buy a new sports coat because all my suits are like tents on me. Even the Skinny clothes I bought are falling off of me. and I thank all of you for the support and cheerleading. I can not tell you how much it has helped

So 57 pounds off from my peak and 52 pounds from the begining. I have only 53 pounds to go! My first goal is to get to 230 and then work towards the last 30.

I am walking and cycling again and I feel great!

Last edited:
thank you texas girl, it is nice to be back. Work and family and work on the house has kept me very busy. Budget season is over at work and the work on the new living room is nearly done, so I hope to be on here more often.

The thing I am happiest about is that I didn't gain any weight over the T day holiday weekend!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom