Have you exercised today? Accountability thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kyles

Head Chef
No good just eating healthily, we need to move our bodies too. I haven't done any formal exercise yet today, but tonight is swimming night. I am aiming for 50 lengths in an hour tonight. Hopefully I will have time for weight training first!

Morning Kyles! I just got off the treadmill. I am working at about a half hour per day. This is still a newish piece of equipment for us so I am still deciding what incline/speed is comfy for me. I'm checking in though. I have decided that I need to do more than just my yoga. Cardio was seriously lacking in my life.

kyles!!!! good to see you.
and good for you, keep it up!
swimming is the best exercise you can do, for it's cardio-vascular benefits, and it's lack of damage to joints due to repetitive stress, and muscle/tendon stretching capabilities.
(i used to swim a mile a day when i was a lifeguard as a kid)

how long is your pool? 25 meters? if so, 50 lengths, or 25 laps is excellent!
even if you have to go slowly, and break in to a side, breast, or back stroke, swimming consistently for an hour will do you worlds of good.

alas, no, i haven't worked out in about 2 years now, and my body is starting to ache, and i look like an old fat guy. also getting a lot of bad muscle cramps in my legs and around my ribs and back.
so last week, i dug out the speed skates (inline), and the recumbant exercise bike, and i promised myself i'd get back into the swing of things.

Ciao Kyles!! Way to go for your fitness routine!!

I was at the gym from 13:00 to 16:00 today...
13:00-13:45 Hip Hop dancing lesson (which probably doesn't count for much:mrgreen: )
14:00-15:00 Shoot Exercise (Fitboxe)
15:00-16:00 Lifted weights in the weight room, working on lats and deltoids

I love going to the gym, one of my hobbies, luckily it balances out with our hearty enthusiasm for good foods!!

For the past three weeks, my husband and I have been weight training at home together, and Wednesday is our day off to recooperate. We train four days a week, and we also walk the dog in the morning and again at night, sometimes I take him in the afternoons too. For aerobic exercise, I turn on the stereo and dance! Cant afford the gym anymore, so this at home exercise is working just fine for us.

Hi, Kyles! Good job!! I'm still walking 3 miles Monday-Friday and riding my exercise bike 30 minutes on Saturday and Sunday. I really enjoy my early morning walks.
:mrgreen:

Yep, i exercised today.Did 3 loads of wash and the machine is in the basement, so many trips up and down. Vaced the floors and fed the critters and they eat in the basement .Had the dogs out to run so played with them. Dusted and cooked and washed floors. I'm pooped.

Does walking around the mall count? I know I know... I really must start riding my bike again.

I hiked around the forest for an half an hour today. Does that count? Now that the field season is winding down, I really need to get back into my exercise routine. Usually, I bike for 3-5 miles on a stationary bike and 2-3 miles on the treadmill, and 20 minutes on the universal weight machine at a minimum of 3 times per week. Sometimes I will also throw in pilates routine at least once a week.

I woke up ... walked to the kitchen to make coffee ... walked back to the sofa and watched the morning news to wait on coffee ... walked back to the kitchen when coffee was done, poured a cup, and walked back to the sofa to drink it. I think I repeated this several times ... but I was too sleepy to remember. :LOL:

Michael in FtW said:
I woke up ... walked to the kitchen to make coffee ... walked back to the sofa and watched the morning news to wait on coffee ... walked back to the kitchen when coffee was done, poured a cup, and walked back to the sofa to drink it. I think I repeated this several times ... but I was too sleepy to remember. :LOL:

Wow Michael, You must have done lots of lifting exercise too, with your coffee mug!!:ROFLMAO:

I am really tired and cranky today. I just feel like hanging out here and NOT doing anything. Someone kick my butt for me please.

Alix said:
I am really tired and cranky today. I just feel like hanging out here and NOT doing anything. Someone kick my butt for me please.
:bangin:

Consider yourself kicked.

"Aaaaaaalix. Aaaaaaaaaaaalix."
(The treadmill is calling your name.)
Or, you could go OUTSIDE and walk. It's only -14 today.:yuk:

Well I did it. I wasn't as chipper about it as the past few days, but I got er done. And I chose the treadmill option as -14 is just a tad too chilly to do 30 minutes. Blech. I am sure my blood will thicken up soon but right now I'm wimpy.

I also spent the afternoon in a Grade 4 science class helping them construct pop can dragsters. Whew! That will wear off a few calories I tell you!:huh:

My hubby and I pay for a gym that we really never use! Argh! Doesn't that always happen? We haven't exercised in almost 5 months. I need to get back at it soon since I'm feeling the stress from work already. Good thing is I haven't gained any weight - YET.

Last edited:
Around here we are both trying to lose a few lbs. Seem that, during the Summer months, we had all these wonderful fresh fruits always ripening (like strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries), and we couldn't resist them. Now, I know fruit is supposed to be good for you, and the fruit was great, but our downfall was that we would always eat the fruits atop ice cream and/or pound cake and/or cheese cake with Cool Whip. We are not really even dessert people. So, we are both walking daily 3-4 mi., although my husband is a bit more determined than me. Now, my husband says that next Summer we have to eat the fruit plain :( .

Back
Top Bottom