White Russian Tiramisu

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corazon

Executive Chef
Native New Mexican, now live in Bellingham, WA
TNT! In light of the tiramisu technique thread, I've decided to share my recipe. I haven't made it in a long time but I think it's a great recipe for those Kahlua lovers. Hope you enjoy!
White Russian Tiramisu
½ cup plus 2 Tablespoons Kahlua (coffee-flavored liqueur),
½ cup (3-½ ounces) mascarpone cheese
1 (8-ounce) block fat-free cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
¼ cup granulated sugar
24 ladyfingers (2 (3-ounce) packages)*
2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa or grated chocolate, divided

Pour ½ cup Kahlua in a shallow dish, and set aside.
Combine cheeses in a large bowl. Beat at high speed of a mixer until smooth. Add sugars and 2 tablespoons Kahlua, and beat until well-blended.
Split ladyfingers in half lengthwise.
Quickly dip 24 ladyfinger halves, flat sides down, into kahlua; place, dipped sides down, in the bottom of an 8-inch square baking dish, slightly overlapping ladyfinger halves. Spread half of cheese mixture over ladyfingers; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon cocoa. Repeat procedure with remaining ladyfinger halves, coffee mixture, cheese mixture, and 1 teaspoon cocoa.
Place 1 toothpick in each corner and 1 in the center of tiramisu (to prevent plastic wrap from sticking to cheese mixture); cover with plastic wrap. Chill 2 hours.
*I use freshly baked soft ladyfingers

Last edited:
:)Sounds good! I might just have to drive on up to Bellingham and get a taste.

pdswife said:
:)Sounds good! I might just have to drive on up to Bellingham and get a taste.

Unfortunately, I haven't made it in quite some time. DH isn't a fan of kahlua or coffee so it will be a while before I make it again.

I'm not much for desserts but I do love a good Tiramisu and THAT recipe looks awesome! Thanks, corazon!

No problem! I hope you like it!

OH, my g!! That sounds absolutely wonderful. And I am not a sweets eater. Recipe for lady fingers?

You know Gretchen, I don't think I've ever seen a recipe for ladyfingers. I imagine they would be similar to a biscotti recipe though.

the recipe for lady finger sounds great..im writing it to my notebook now.:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom