ISO-Easy Peach Cobbler Recipe ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OK, Here is a really good but easy one.

Peach Cobbler

Melt 1 stick of butter in a 9 x 13 pan in you oven that is preheated to 375 degrees. In another bowl mix 1 cup milk 1 cup of flour 1 cup of sugar
1 Tablespoon of baking powder and a pinch of salt. Pour this in to your 9 x 13 pan. Next pour a large can of peaches in and bake for 1 hour. Serve hot with whipped cream or ice cream!

Cameron

Cameron, that's the same thing I do. You can also use fresh peaches in place of the canned ones. Just peel, slice, & sprinkle them with sugar before you start the batter. When the batter is ready, just dump the peaches, juice & all over the top & bake.

My mother and father, who are happily enjoying their retirement, travel ALOT, and they always bring a "mix" home from an Amish village they regularly visit. It is delicious! I searched for a similar recipe, and found a recipe that uses bisquick, and it tastes fairly similar!

Peach Cobbler

1 cup bisquick mix
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup sugar
1 can 29 oz peaches, drained well

Oven 375. Combine mix, milk, cinnamon, and butter and place in square pan. Toss sugar and peaches and place on top of batter. Bake 50 to 60 minutes.
I sometimes make a crumble mixture (butter, brown sugar, flour, oatmeal) and sprinkle on top before baking.

:)

This is my favorite. Hubby loves the bread part so I always double that.
It's a Betty Crocker recipe.

Peach cobbler

1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon corn startch
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon ( I use a little more and some times add some nutmeg instead)
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
3 tablespoons shortening ( I always use real butter)
1 cup AP flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 tablespoon sugar ( I use two)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk

Heat oven to 400 degrees
Mix 1/2 cup sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon in a 2 quart sauce pan.
Stir in peaches and lemon juice. Cook, stirring constantly until mixture thickens and boils. Boil and stir for one minute longer.
Pour into ungreased 2 quart baking dish. Keep mixture warm in oven.

Cut shortening into the flour, 1 tablespoon sugar, baking powder and salt until mixture looks like fine crumbs. Stir in milk. Drop dough by six spoonfuls on to hot peach mixture.

Bake until topping is golden brown. 25-30 minutes.

serve warm with vanilla ice cream.

If you double the bread ... use a bigger baking pan or the juices will overflow. WHAT A MESS! lol!!!!!:):):)

I don't know if this is what you are looking for, but it is very easy. I call it easy peach crisp
1 20 oz can sliced peaches
2 or 3 packets instant oatmeal is a flavor like brown sugar/cinnamon
2 or 3 tablespoons butter

Drain peaches. Put in a loaf dish or something similar. In a bowl cut butter into instant oatmeal until crumbly. Sprinkle over peaches and bake at 325* about 30 minutes or until topping is crisp.

My husband brought home two pecks of peaches Friday. The peaches were small, but extremely sweet. I got them peeled and sliced last evening, and mixed up the filling while DH made the Bisquick topping.
I seasoned the peaches with a little sugar, a shot of Meyer's rum, and a seasoning I got from Pampered Chef called Cinnamon Plus. It contains cinmamon, nutmeg, allspice, ground orange peel, cloves and ginger. Yum!

DH is a very intelligent man, but he'd had a few cocktails last night, and I don't know what he failed to measure correctly, but the batter he mixed up for the cobbler was awfully runny. He added some more Bisquick, but it still didn't look right. We used it anyway, and were pleasantly surprised to find it made a lovely crisp crust. I sprinkled it with a bit of sugar and more cinnamon before baking, which really added to the flavor.

This morning I got to looking at Bisquick Cobbler recipes, and found several that call for putting the batter in the bottom of the pan and spooning the filling over the top. Has anyone ever tried doing it that way?

Another question: who wants to help me clean the oven? We forgot to put a baking sheet under the cobbler, and it dripped BIG TIME!

Sounds yummy, Constance!
As for the oven....there's a really good product out there that I get at Target. It's made by "Sprayway", white label w/blue writing. It's called "heavy duty bbq grill & oven cleaner". We've used it to clean the BBQ grill grates and it works wonders!

ps - for another peach cobbler rec, here's one I've posted before, but seeing that it's peach season, I'll post it again since it's so yummy!

Quickie Peach Cobbler
I asked my mom for her cobbler recipe, and instead of sending the berry/peach one that takes a while, she sent this one instead. I'd forgotten about it, but it's such an easy dessert! Anyway, it's quite tasty and thought I'd pass it on. (This is how she wrote it in her email, so measurements aren't exact {and don't necessarily need to be} - she always just eyeballs things)

I just slice the peaches, mix with sugar and tapioca, or corn starch, or flour, and a bit of almond extract, stir together and bake in flat Pyrex casserole dish until peaches are about done. Stir. Then, for the topping I use (lazy way) the refrigerator cinnamon or orange rolls in a tube -- bake on bottom shelf so bottoms get done, but tops aren't browned, use spatula to place them on top of hot peach mixture and continue baking until tops are browned and peaches are bubbling. Serve hot with french vanilla ice cream.
- Mom

Last edited:
TNT Peach Cobbler Recipe

Crust:
2 c AP Flour
3/4 c Butter Crisco
1 tsp salt
ice-cold water, as needed

Combine dry ingredients in bowl; Using fork or pastry fork cut until batter is size of peas, then add water 2 tsp at a time, till the mixture is consistency of pie dough (when you add water you want to use your hands to combine). form into ball and cut in 2.

Meanwhile, use frozen peaches (2lbs) or slice up 6-7 peaches thinly and put in a pot over med-high heat and add in 2 c sugar, and just barely enough water to cover the peaches. (This is my Nannie's recipe ~ when I do this step I add in 2 shots of vanilla extract and cinnamon also). Let that come to a boil and simmer 10 min or so.

Then add half the peaches to a 9x13 greased pan (I use Pam).

Roll out 1/2 dough to fit pan, thickness somewhere up to 1/2 in thick. Cut dough using butter knife longways about 3-4 strips, and place on top of peaches. Add half stick of butter in little pats all over dough. Repeat with peaches and other half of dough and rest of butter, and then on top with sugar so top is crunchy and shimmery when done. Cover with foil.

Place in 350F oven and let cook 30-45 min till crust is golden brown and bubbly on sides. This tastes great with vanilla ice cream.

This recipe has been passed down 3 generations and has been used for 50+ years. The dough is flaky and peaches are yummy. Enjoy!

A restaurant I used to frequent in Kingwood, WV had a very simple recipe for peach cobbler. They'd take a deep bowl, put a shortckae biscuit in the bottom, top it with a couple of freshly sliced peaches, then fill the bowl with cream! Can you say decadent?

toothbrushx2 said:
I am looking for a recipe that has a crusty topping not cake like.

1 Can peach pie filling
1 box yellow cake mix
1 cup melted cooled butter or margarine

Lightly spray pan (8" square, 10x13, 9" round...etc). Pour peach filling and spread to cover the bottom of the pan. Next sprinkle the box of yellow cake mix over the top. Then drizzle the melted butter or margarine all over the cake mix. Bake at 375 for 30 min. or top is crusty light brown.
(make sure your cake mix is very fresh)

(you can also use this topping on pumpkin pie filling) (feel free to add nuts to the cake mix if you want)

pdswife said:

Peach cobbler

1/2 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon ( I use a little more and some times add some nutmeg instead)
1 cup AP flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk

Heat oven to 400 degrees
Stir in peaches and lemon juice. Cook, stirring constantly until mixture thickens and boils. Boil and stir for one minute longer.

Cut shortening into the flour, 1 tablespoon sugar, baking powder and salt until mixture looks like fine crumbs. Stir in milk. Drop dough by six spoonfuls on to hot peach mixture.

If you double the bread ... use a bigger baking pan or the juices will overflow. WHAT A MESS! lol!!!!!:):):)

This is the one I use, it's a winner!!

Peach cobbler

1/2 cup sugar
1 cup AP flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk

Heat oven to 400 degrees

This is the one I use, it's a winner!!
theres no peaches listed in the ingredients. how much, frozen/fresh/canned?

Back
Top Bottom