What does your holiday decor look like?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
Since I have turned bah humbug after this mornings episode. Just wondering what everyone elses decorating looks like. Would you share your pics of how you decorated the inside?

:) I would love to show you my house.... and will try to get some photos after the tree has been put up.
So far I've only put out my Snowman collection (about 40 of them). The rest of the boxes are sitting in the livingroom waiting to be emptied.

The plan was to set up the tree yesterday but poor Paulie has the flu.
It may have to wait until next weekend.

:)

I haven't started yet. We spent all of yesterday cleaning windows, screens and curtains. At our house no decorations go up til everything has been cleaned. Since we are having a live tree, we probably won't put it up for a few days. I did get my candles and candleholders out last night to see what was ok and what needs to be replaced. I don't decorate everything like some. I use a good bit of greenery with candles, a country village grouping, several pieces that I've been given over the years and a couple of trees. We decorate the front, but don't know if dh plans to put lights up on the outside this year or not. After having had vertigo last week, it may not be the smartest thing to do (getting on a ladder). At least, people will know it is Merry Christmas at our house.

hmmm, I am a Pottery Barn and Pier 1 fanatic, so if you were to check out their website or catalog, my house is pretty close. Lots of cranberries, pine, candles, cinnamon sticks and pine cones. Pretty simple. I am in the middle of buying a house, so I wonder how that is gonna work.... Looks like we will move the end of December if the house is done being remodeled by then, so I am wondering how Christmas morning will be?

Last edited:
The only things I've got in my home at the moment are two Scandinavian advent arches, one with candles, and one electric in two of the bay windows of the house - and a wreath on the door.

We don't put anything else out until next weekend when we will be buying the tree. The decorations on the tree are white lights (bought new LED ones which are extra bright) and silver, gold and deep blue baubles. It's the same every year - and has been for the past 7 or 8 years. Their is a beautiful golden Angel/fairy for the top.

Oh, I forgot - I have a collection of Christmas china and that comes out from the beginning of Advent. I am no longer a Catholic, but still use advent as the start of the Christmas period... you can take the girl out of the religion.....!

I also have some amazing Christmas candles and pot pourri which adds wonderful Christmas smells to the house. They'll be put out next weekend, too.

Thank you, ishbel, for making me feel not so behind! I haven't begun to put my Christmas things out yet. Unless I take a day off work this week to decorate, I won't get it done till next weekend.

We have a small artificial tree due to 3 furry ones who feel the need to pay it lots of attention. My dining room and living room have very wide moulding at the tops of the windows and doors. I have lots of ornaments that will sit on a flat surface and are too large or heavy for the tree so DH arranges them on the ledges. I have wreaths I'd like to put up along with some other things, but working 2 jobs, I don't know if it will happen.

I was finally able to get my tree up and the other decorations yesterday. Unfort., I wasn't able to use most of my decorations. We'd sold our house this summer and my theme at the other house was a cabin theme. Here in the apartment........where we are living now.......just didn't work. So needless to say I had to buy more decorations for the tree. Thank godness I saved my old ornaments from our very first house.....they worked out perfectly. I don't have a theme. The colors on the tree are a plummy brown, gold, crystal, burgandy, brown, bronze and ivory. I used lots of clear lights. These will work beautifully in the next house as these are the colors I plan to use in my decor. This is the prettiest tree I think I've ever put up though.

adorable avatar, tex!
this is my 1st Christmas where i'll be decorating on my own. i'm going to get my decorations and stuff in a few days. i think i'll get little clear lights- smaller than the usual ones, and more rounded- for the ceiling. i'd like to make a design with them- something Christmasy but feasable- on the wall, too, in red. a star, i think. my Christmastree will be one with long, soft needles. know what kind i mean? that will be done in clear lights, too, with some little red accents and clear bulbs. my apt. is full of red candles already, so i might paint a few of those with a clear glitter. i have 8 in my living room alone. i don't have a mantle, but my windowsills are a pretty marble, so i think i'll hang stockings on that. other than that, i'll have to see. i'm not much for plastic decorations or anything. i'll look for subtle decorations with a theme. silver and red, i think.

adorable avatar, tex!
this is my 1st Christmas where i'll be decorating on my own. i'm going to get my decorations and stuff in a few days. i think i'll get little clear lights- smaller than the usual ones, and more rounded- for the ceiling. i'd like to make a design with them- something Christmasy but feasable- on the wall, too, in red. a star, i think. my Christmastree will be one with long, soft needles. know what kind i mean? that will be done in clear lights, too, with some little red accents and clear bulbs. my apt. is full of red candles already, so i might paint a few of those with a clear glitter. i have 8 in my living room alone. i don't have a mantle, but my windowsills are a pretty marble, so i think i'll hang stockings on that. other than that, i'll have to see. i'm not much for plastic decorations or anything. i'll look for subtle decorations with a theme. silver and red, i think.

Okay, here is my stuff. It's not a lot,but, we like them.
One is the tree, one is fireplace and one is my Rudolph animated/singing gang:LOL:

Attachments

• 000_1429.JPG
    000_1429.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 161
  • 000_1430.JPG
    000_1430.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 139
  • 000_14311.JPG
    000_14311.JPG
    106 KB · Views: 167
Nothing up yet, but I'm having a Christmas party for my music students on Wednesday, so I'm going to put up our little table tree and the rest of the decorations here and there, then the big tree next weekend. There won't be room for them to perform if we put up the big tree in the living room.

thier, how old are your music students? i'd love to hear their performance! Will it be Christmas music?

Back
Top Bottom