Greasing baking sheets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marmar

Senior Cook
I am making a tassie recipe I found in a magazine, and it says to use ungreased non-stick mini-muffin pans.

My grandmother had a tassie recipe of her own, and always greased the pans when she made them, whether the pans were non-stick or not.

I have spray with flour, should I grease the pans to be safe, or leave them ungreased like the recipe says to. The crust is a butter cookie-crust, so its probably a bit greasy on its own to start with.

I don't if they are non stick and have a lot of butter in the recipe. You still can though if your worried about them sticking. Just do it very light.

If the dough contain enough butter, there should be no need to grease the pan. Also if you have a silicon cookware, you shouldn't have to worry about it either. But if you are in doubt and would like some peace of mind, it wouldn't hurt to lightly coat the pan, too...:chef:

It's a butter cookie recipe that makes shells.
And my bakeware's not silicone, it's...
I'm not sure. And I'm not good at greasing lightly, I haven't used a spray in maybe five or six years since we never have it in the house...

you can use a little bit of butter. I use a folded paper towel with a little butter on it and wipe it inside each cup.

i just took them out of the oven without greasing...
And they came out easily. My grandmother called right when I was about to grease the pans and said she never did when she used cream cheese based crusts.

It's pine nut tassies, and yes, they are good. Or at least I thought the one I ate, and my dad liked the two he had. I'm saving them for cookie baskets. I've been having tassies for years, but these are quite different than the ones we usually have.

I got the recipe from an old issue of Gourmet I have, so it should be on epicurious. I'll go look for it.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/recipe_views/views/108922

Back
Top Bottom