Digital Fortress by Dan Brown

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
While I was on vacation I read Digital Fortress by Dan Brown. In my opinion this was even better than his more well known book The Da Vinci Code. Now I have to admit I listened to Da Vinci code as a book on take during a long road trip we took, but we absolutely loved that book. Digital Fortress though was better though. It is a book about code breakers at the NSA. From the very first page I did not want to put it down. I read it in two days, but wished I had dragged it out longer as I am sad that it is over now. If you enjoyed the Da Vinci Code and like Dan Browns style then check out Digital Fortress. You won't be sorry!

GB:

I've read all of DB's books. I think Digital Fortress was his first. He sure can tell a story. I know the feeling of, "I can't put the book down but I don't want it to end".

What did you think of his other books Andy? How did they compare to DF and Da Vici? Which of those two did you like better?

I really enjoyed Digital Fortress and the earlier book that has the same character as the DaVinci Code (Angels and Demons?). That said, I enjoyed DaVinci Code as well.

I stumbled across Dan Brown's books at the library one day when looking for a new author to read. I picked up one of his books and it looked interesting. When I realized there were several on the shelf, I checked the dates to ensure I read them in chronological order. This is one of my hang-ups. I try to read them in order in case there are any continuing stories.

I tried to read the Da Vinci code.... didn't like the writer's style at all, and kept picking holes in his 'facts'.

I love Roslin (or Rosslyn) Chapel and it has always had lots of overseas visitors - but since the DVC gained such popularity it has been almost under seige! One of the guides told me that they had to stop people from physically trying to lift flagstones and remove grilles, just to check what may (or may not!) be hidden there. It used to be such a lovely place to walk around. Not anymore :cool: Ah well, maybe when the furore about the book dies down? But, I hear they are going to make a film..... :mrgreen:

http://www.rosslynchapel.org.uk/

I've read Both the Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons. I loved them both.
I tried to read another one of his about NASA but... I don't think it was called Digital Fortress...is there another? Anyway, I just couldn't get into that one. I read only the first four or five chapters before returning it to the library.

I just bought Digital Fortress thanks to this thread ....

But walking back I had an alarming thought .... this isn't a sequel to DVCode is it? I have that and haven't finished it yet.

I can't wait to hear what you think of it Jenny!

No it has nothing at all to do with Da Vinci at all :)

I am so looking forward to reading Digital Fortress. I really liked Angels and Demons. I also need to get DaVinci Code. Do you know if DC will be out in pocketbook soon. I do almost all of my reading in bed and a pocketbook is so much easier to read in bed. Thanks for the heads up GB.

GB, you're pulling my leg about the pocketbook thing. You know, the small and cheaper version of the BIG book?:LOL: Case in point.

img_202759_0_2458f5cd64472fde096bf13c8b419273.jpg

Just pulling your leg, GB:LOL:

Oh we call them paperback here :) Wow isn't it interesting the differences you find even within the same country!

Wasabi you are in luck. The copy I just finished was a pocketbook :)

Thanks, GB. I will be hitting the bookstore this week end.

This tread reminds me of this song by Lennon/MaCartney

Paperback writer
Dear Sir or Madam will you read my book
It took me years to write, will you take a look
based on a novel by a man named Lear
and I need a job
so I want to be a paperback writer
Paperback writer

It's the dirty story of a dirty man
and his clinging wife doesn't understand
His son is working for the Daily Mail
It's a steady job
But he want to be a paperback writer
Paperback writer
Paperback writer

It's a thousand pages, give or take a few
I'll be writing more in a week or two
I can make it longer if you like the style
I can change it 'round
and I want to be a paperback writer
Paperback writer

If you really like it you can have the rights
It could make a million for you overnight
If you must return if you can send it here
But I need a break
and I want to be a paperback writer
Paperback writer
Paperback writer

GB,

I've read all 4 of DB's novels. Deception Point is the only not yet mentioned here. They are all GREAT reads. I thought Angels & Demons was even better than the Da Vinci Code. (It's just that Da Vinci Code deals with much more fascinating subjects. Also, it involves the same lead character and occurs chronologically ahead of Da Vinci Code.)

It's hard to believe but of all 4 books, I'd say Deception Point is the best.
So don't feel so bad, you still have two more (and better) DB books to enjoy!

Deception Point!
That's the one I started to read but couldn't finish. Maybe, I should try
it again.

Didn't read any cause they didn't pass the parent test.

Cameron

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom