Cheeseburger soup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hvacwife

Senior Cook
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
½ lb. ground meat
¾ c. chopped onion
¾ c. shredded carrots
¾ c. diced celery
1 tsp. basil
1 tsp. parsley
4 tbsp. butter divided
3 c. chicken broth
1-3/4 lbs. peeled cubed potatoes
¼ c. flour
2 c. American cheese cubes
1-1/2 c. milk
¾ tsp. salt
½ tsp. pepper
¼ c. sour cream

In saucepan brown the beef; drain and set aside. In the same saucepan, sauté onions, carrots, celery, basil and parsley in 1 tablespoon of the butter until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Add broth, potatoes and beef; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Meanwhile in same skillet melt the remaining butter, add flour; cook and stir for 3 minutes or until bubbly. Add to soup; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Add cheese, milk, salt and pepper; cook and stir till cheese is melted. Remove from the heat and add sour cream. Serve.

I just wanted to comment for anyone wondering that this soup is AWESOME. My sister has made it for several years, and a woman at church makes it quite often. It's worth the peeling and chopping!

I wanted to say that I thought this was the weirdest soup on earth so I made it last night & it was more than delicious!! Thanks for sharing :D

Hey, does it have to be chicken broth? I have a ton of beef and some veggie stock in my freezer. This would not compromise taste would it?

Alix said:
Hey, does it have to be chicken broth? I have a ton of beef and some veggie stock in my freezer. This would not compromise taste would it?

Have no idea Alix, but I guess it'll turn out great (a little more intense maybe). You don't wanna miss it! :D

Alrighty, then into the file it goes! I will try this baby out soon as the weather is taking a turn for frosty. I think this will be a nice warm up for us all on one of those nasty days.

Back
Top Bottom