TNT: Italian 3 Cheese and Pesto Stuffed Mushrooms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Debbie said:
5 tbsp of pesto

Pesto? what is Pesto.. never heard of it:)

It is one of the classic italian (genovese to be exact..) condiment with fresh basil leaves, most commonly used for pasta, but also delicious in variety of recipes... here is my TNT recipe...

-fresh basil leaves separated from the stem and well rinsed, then well drained
-Extra virgin olive oil, make sure it is a good quality. about 3/4 of amount (in grams/ozs) of the leaves.
(please experiment with the amount of below items, adding them gradually... to your personal taste...for a rough measure I use about 75g of cheese, 2 big cloves of garlic 75g of nuts to make about 1lb. of pesto)
-well seasoned parmigiano or pecorino cheese, freshly ground
-cloves of garlic
-mixture of pine nuts and cashew

First you whip the basil with oil in a blender/food processor to make a smooth goo. Then add the next 3 items and mix further until everything is well blended. It can be frozen in rather small amounts, make sure you pack it well and it will freeze fairly quickly. To keep in the fridge you put it in a bottle, and cover the surface with extra olive oil, to avoid the contact with the air. It will last about a week in the fridge, or it also freezes well. Enjoy!!

urmaniac13 said:
It is one of the classic italian (genovese to be exact..) condiment with fresh basil leaves, most commonly used for pasta, but also delicious in variety of recipes... here is my TNT recipe...

Thank you :)

Back
Top Bottom