Dinner plans for tonight December 15th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
dinner plans for tonight?....December 15th

Good morning to all of you. It's cold again/still.
Anyone cooking today? I've been corrected about which day it is. Sorry but when you've been out of work almost a month, the days have no specific meaning. I've been informed it's Thursday. Thanks for correcting my debacle.:cry:

Baked whole chicken with rosemary, lemon, olives and almonds, rice pilaf with peas, and green beans. I keep hearing about ginger this and ginger that, so tonight for desert I'll make a gingerbread cake with warm lemon sauce over the top. DH will love that. He loves anything lemon:bounce: . Not too hard of a dinner, but hearty.

Anyone else cooking today? Enjoy your day:LOL: and stay out of the cold:neutral: . I'll be lying down most of the day, this back needs rest.:(

Last edited:
Not sure what calendar your looking at, but, it's Thursday here:LOL:
We're having jack in the box. I don't cook on Thursady at all!!

Not a clue in the world!

Maybe I'll grill in the snow tonight! Pork chops sound good.

John

Stir fry - thin strips of steak and lots of veggies with noodles and beansprouts.:) No puds for us.

I just took a good look inside the fridge, as we had lots of odd ends leftovers of vegs, I decided to do a hearty biriyani...
There will be lots of stuff inside so it will probably qualify as a one pot dinner, maybe with some slices of cheese and fruits.

I'm doing Apricot Brandy Chicken I think. We have a fridge full of leftovers but I think one more night before clean out the fridge night is in order. I had intended to do those tempura carrot things last night, but couldn't get on the computer to get the recipe (darn kids think homework is more important or something!) so I think that will be on the menu tonight as well. Not sure what kind of salad we will have. Either spinach or caesar as last night was veggies and dip by request.

mudbug said:
Tourtiere with a veg and apple cobbler.
What a perfectly French Canadian sounding meal Mudbug! I would love to come for dinner at your house tonight :) Especially since I'm drawing a blank as to what I should make for us here :angel:

I am roasting some butternut squash, but other than that I do not know. I roasted squash last weekend and DW said it was one of the best things she has ever tasted ever. I did not do anything to it other than a very little bit of olive oil and some salt. It was cooked with a chicken so it was also cooking in chicken fat, but I think she will love it even without that (I hope).

We have another play to go to tonight.. so
we're just having leftover chicken and dumplings.

I'm not really sure either. I'm a bit worn out from splitting wood yesterday and I'm not very keen on cooking much of anything. I'm thinking of thawing a 100-count shrimp ring that's sitting in my freezer and making an absolutely disgusting pig of myself. I could pretend like I'm training for a competitive eating competition! Is that a double negative?

I settled on smashed tatters, garlic sausage and green beans :) I'd love a plate full of Gb's squash, that sounds great with this damp, chilly weather we always seem to have.

Mostaccoli with a Spicy arriabata marinara, Garlic Bread, Fresh Mesculin Salad, and Bundt Angel Food Cake, w/ Peach Whipped Cream.

Wow...boy did I spell wrong!!!

Last edited:
Erik said:
Mostaccoli with a Spicy arriabata marinara, Garlic Bread, Fresh Mesculin Salad, and Bundt Angel Food Cake, w/ Peach Whipped Cram.
Sounds awesome Erik!!! (Especially the angel food cake and peaches) Happy Birthday :)

It seems like we've been on the run for ever, so, I decided it was sit down and enjoy night:LOL: Made risotto with cream and parmesan sauce, Broiled shrimp and scallops that were mixed in evoo,parsley,garlic. some sweet and sour little onions and chocolate pudding for later..
kadesma:)

I had the samething as Cameron!!

cartwheelmac said:
hot dogs!

Cameron

Cameron, that is what I had too. What do you like on your hot dogs? I stuck to good ol' mustard, ketchup, and onions. To have with the hotdogs I handcut some French fries and tossed them with garlic pepper and onion powder after cooking.

Turns out we had no pork chops to grill, and a whole lot of snow and freezing rain to deale with on the ground. We finally settled on pizza...

John

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom