Popcorn Popper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In the Kitchen

Executive Chef
There has been a request for a popcorn popper for Christmas. One that is hot air popper. One where there isn't lot of oil. Which one do you like? I know people here eat popcorn they make. Store bought can't come close to fresh. Thanks for your time. (Hope this is the right place for this item)

I haven't used an air popper. My sister has one and likes it, but, I've not tried her popcorn. Mine is an old timey {sp} one that I grew up with with the butter holes and lid on top:)
BTW, are you counting down to 24?

Hot air popper is the way to go ITK, we use ours all the time. It is low fat as you can add however much butter you want and it pops the kernels nice and big. I would also recommend you get the Costco brand of kernels as we have found Orville Redenbacher doesn't pop so nicely in a hot air popper.

Glad you all eat popcorn.

Thanks all for your response. There are times when everyone is eating out and I fix bowl of popcorn and call that my meal. Is so healthy when oil is limited. Thanks for link to new one. That really looks good to me. Wonder if I can get two and have discount? They used to do that with things long time ago. Alix, thanks for telling me about Orville popcorn. Have to go to Costco. Oprah says she likes it too.

Lucky

Wonder if everybody is buying popcorn poppers? Went to Williams Sonoma and they were almost out of the Cuisinart you suggested. But I am lucky. I got one and now to get the thing wrapped. But knowing my brother, he will say something isn't right. Can't buy him anything made in China. Talk about having problem of satisfaction. Do we really have any other choice than to buy things that are made here? Thanks for helping me.

Back
Top Bottom