Dinner tonight? What's cookin 12/21?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
Morning......
Anyone cooking today? I have many things to do around here, rest, relax, stay calm (aren't any planned events). :(

I'm thinkin "a warm the cockles of your heart" soup is in order. Got it. Since I broke down and bought many potatoes, I think I'll do the Restaurant quality baked potato soup recipe I found online years ago. It's got all the ingredients of super stuffed baked potatoes but in soup form. With that the bread we had last night toasted in the oven with butter and parmesan cheese on top. Raw vegetables in olive oil and vinegar with s&p will be the veggie. DH eats so many more of them that way. DH has been asking for home made apple sauce so I can do that too. It's easy enough.

Enjoy your day...and by the way, what are you making for dinner?

??? I just got out of bed. Had a sleepless in Seattle type night last night.

I have to go to the store later... I think I'll pick up a *GASP* frozen pizza.

pdswife said:
??? I just got out of bed. Had a sleepless in Seattle type night last night.

I have to go to the store later... I think I'll pick up a *GASP* frozen pizza.

ah you lucky person you. you can go to Larry's and eat your way through your shopping spree:ROFLMAO: lunch is on them:wacko: ....wish I could do that too........happy shoppingin anticipation of the arrival of the in-laws.

Mudbug wrote:
in anticipation of the arrival of the in-laws.
Oh, best wishes for you regarding their arrival, In Laws can be a tad bit stressful......

Last edited:
we're going to try to take my son for pics with a mall santa tonight. 2nd attempt. the first one scared me, umm, i mean my boy... yeah, that's it, my son was scared... and i, he started crying, so we'll try again tonight. :(

then dw walks me thru the mall, and points at things that she might want for christmas (like a good hunting dog). it's all the growling and scratching that freaks out the store clerks. :)

so, since we'll be getting home late, i'm lobbying for sushi/sashimi take out.

I have no idea...

I'm likely on my own for dinner, but with all the things I need to get done (NOT Christmas shopping, that's done!), I'm likely looking at yet another Wednesday without dinner.

(I do have shopping to do, but it's grocery store, hardware store type shopping. Gotta get ready for the inbound relatives...)

John

The only thing I have left...lasagna :eek:) I need a freezer so I can keep more than a weeks groceries at a time.

Since I have to work I'm going to miss out on Prime Rib...cross your fingers that there is some left for me.
Guess I'll eat some of the Baked Potato soup that I made at work for today!!!

Oven fried chicken, corn on the cob, green beans and salad. My grandson selected the menu. My grandson chose the menu.

Tonight we are cleaning out the fridge to make room for the acres of food I am buying tomorrow after work in anticipation of the arrival of the in-laws.

SierraCook said:
mudbug it sounds like you are having a potluck out of your fridge. Sounds good to me. I also have some beef burgundy and potato soup in my fridge, but I don't think that will go well with the fried rice.

SC, your leftovers sound better than ours. We have:

Rotel dip
some slow-cooked chicken with tomatoes
about 2 cups of cream of mushroom soup
a tired-looking head of lettuce
about 2 servings of apple cobbler/crisp
some probably spoiled and/or dried-out corn tortillas

Daughter just headed downstairs to the big TV with a bowl of chickie noodle soup.

I forgot I also have some pad thai in the fridge also. I have been working on cleaning out my freezer. The thing is everytime I take something out of the freezer the dish I make usually has leftovers. So, that means those go into the freezer. The neverending cycle of freezer to stove and back to freezer again. I have even been pawning off food on my brother to help with cleaning out the fridge and freezer. I have been really bad about not rotating stuff in my freezer.

Easy, I am pooped and dizzy from an ear infection..So it's grilled ham and cheese and tomato soup...

kadesma:sick:

kadesma said:
Easy, I am pooped and dizzy from an ear infection..So it's grilled ham and cheese and tomato soup...

kadesma:sick:

ALERT...ALERT...
kadesma MUST be sick! No 3 course meal tonight:LOL:
You know I'm joking, kadesma!! I hope you get to feeling better tomorrow!!
Go rest and let everyone take care of YOU tonight.
{{{{HUGS}}}}}

We had coldcut sandwiches and green olives again, but we ate early in the day. DH got hungry (he has one of those infamous Italian appetities :LOL:) so I made him some oven fries. Then I got hungry later and we split a small Margaritta pizza :)

Back
Top Bottom