What is the best method for storage of kitchen gadgets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

licia

Executive Chef
I have lots of kitchen gadgets and am never satisfied with my storage situation. What have you found to be an efficient and handy way to store them?

I guess it depends on the gadgets...

I keep spoons, spatulas, etc. in ceramic crocks near the stove.

Other gadgets are scattered here and there in drawers and on shelves.

How to store kitchen stuff...

I found a set of plastic drawers at Walmart or Lowes. It has 4 pull out drawers, I got 2 sets and stacked one on top of the other. Keeps all of my stuff in order. I have a turntable holder, that keeps my more used stuff.

mine are all thrown in two drawers... messy and hard to find anything. I need to find some way to organize things better or we'll go crazy!

I go back and forth from the drawers to the turning canisters and am never really happy with either. I think the real problem is I try to keep too much stuff "near at hand" and that becomes counter productive. As with everything else, I need to clear out.

I do a combination of what other's mentioned. I have 2 drawers of lesser used stuff - everything is really just thrown in there - a huge disorganized mess. Then I have 3 crocks/utensil holders near the stove. One contains wooden spoons, my favorite flat whisks - things I use on a daily basis. The 2nd one contains spatulas, long wooden spoons, big serving spoons & ladles, etc. The 3rd one contains different whisks. I have a 4th crock on a table in the kitchen - with the things that I rarely use: baster, etc.
It all sounds pretty crazy right now. Why do I think I need all of these things?

For items smaller than the normal cooking utensils like vegetable peelers, zesters, melon ballers and such, I keep all of these, along with the large knives, in a large tool box.:)

The knives go below, and the small items go in the tray above. This tray is very convenient for things like measuring spoon sets, pastry bag tips, paring knives and such. They'll never get lost or misplaced as long as you keep them there when not in use. You'll always know where they are for when you need them at a moment's notice!:chef:

There's nothing worst to me than to need something that helps you in cooking and food prep and can't find it, especially when you know that it's in the house.:ermm:

~Corey123.

One drawer for all the regualr spoons and knives, One Drawer for the Big knives and other unused gadets, one more drawer for some spatuals, paring knives and some other unused gadets.

Great suggestion!!

Only, I don't have countertops with cabinets and drawers, so that's why I stated above the best way for me to store the kitchen gadgets when not in use.

However, I DO have a heavy duty kitchen rack on wheels, but the drawer that's at the bottom is used for storing flatware. The two shelves above that are for the spices, and the two above those, one is used for the microwave oven and the topmost shelf is used for the rotisserie oven.

~Corey123.

I use tins and crocks too, I love having them (my utensils) at hand on a moments notice. A few that rarely see the light of day are just stored in a cupboard.

I got three crocks that I use for storage of kitchen utensils and they are kept on top of the fridge.

But, in time, they DO tend to get dirty and greasy, so sometime during the summer, I washed them all in the dishwasher in the top rack. The heating element at the bottom of the tub heats the water in the main wash and final rinse helps the machine to power-blast all that junk off, leaving all of the utensils sparkling clean and bone dry!

The crocks were put in the bottom rack to be washed also, so that any grease, dirt & germs can be removed and no recontamination of the utensils
can occur.

~Corey123.

Back
Top Bottom