Any info on Kirkland SS Copper Bonded 5-Ply

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Michelemarie

Executive Chef
Hello everyone - new to this sight - but love what I see. I am in the market for new pans - just started my research - but Santa brought me the 13-pc stainless set from Costco - 5-ply copper bonded. I have read mostly good comments, just a few negative ones. I hear it is a comparable to All-Clad - also heard that Sams Members Mark is made by Tramotina. Has anyone used this cookware by Kirkland and what are your opinions? Does anyone know who makes it?

I don't have the set you received. I did buy an older set from Costco that's tri-ply bonded and I love it. It's every bit as good as my All-clad and actually a little heavier.

Use it and if you don't like it, return it for a refund. Costco has an excellent returns policy.

Favorite cookware? Favorite Knives? (Merged)

Researching pans - got a set for Christmas and not sure if I am going to keep them or not - The only think I know is that I want stainless steel - I would love to hear your suggestions.

Also - in the market for some new knives - I prefer ones that don't need to be sharpened - is there such a thing? I have a couple of henkels now - help!

Last edited by a moderator:
I "googled" and found a bunch of reviews on Kirkland cookware which were mostly positive. The ones that were negative tended to be from people who didn't have a clue about the conductivity of metals (some claimed SS was a better heat conductor than aluminum, one said the copper layer "retarded" heat conduction, etc.). Oh yeah, someone complained that if they didn't dry the pans immediately after washing they got "water spots" on the "mirror" finish - duhh. :wacko:

For general everyday cooking - I think you would be just as happy with it as something costing much more. For something like a pot-roast cooked on top of the stove, it would also work just fine. Now, if you want to cook a pot-roast at a low-n-slow 175-F in the oven for 6-12 hours, then I might go with cast iron ... I grew up with plain cast iron - although "some" would say that you "must" have LaCruset for such things.

KNIVES: There is no such thing as a knife that doesn't need sharpening - unless it is never used.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom