Cheeseburger Casserole

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vermontwebmaster

Assistant Cook

Cheeseburger Casserole
1 pound hamburger
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup chopped onion
Salt and pepper
1/4 cup catsup
1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
1 can refrigerated biscuits
Brown hamburger, garlic, and onion in skillet until browned. Drain fat, add salt and pepper. Stir in
catsup and tomato sauce; heat thoroughly. Pour hamburger mixture into a 8-inch square baking
dish. Sprinkle grated cheese on top. Top with refrigerated biscuits. Bake at 425 degrees for 20 to 25
minutes, until biscuits are browned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it's refrigerated in a cardboard canister. It's dough that is for biscuits. They are already cut into about 8- 1/2" thick circles and you just put them in the oven and cook for about 10 minutes and VOILA, biscuits :eek:)
You can substitute it with homemad biscuit dough, I would imagine.

And, I'm not a hundred per cent sure, but believe that American 'biscuits' are not European ones - they are more like Scottish scones or buns, not 'cookies'!

But what we call 'biscuits', Americans call 'cookies'... our scones aren't all 'sweet' - you can have bran scones, cheese scones and tattie scones (potato scones!):mrgreen:

Texas, that is what I found when I googled for it... but I must admit, it didn't help me very much...
is there a recipe for it?

I wish you a good night, sleep well... it's 1.30am over here....:closedeye

Thanks for sharing this recipe and I just wanted to say that I enjoy learning about all the differences between the states and abroad, it seems we are the same we just have different names for things!

cara said:
tex, thanks for your links, esp. the 2nd one... they must be quite similar to our "broetchen"....

um, broetchen are a bit different... scones look like this, like Ishbel said, it can be prepared both for sweets or savoury. Also the american style biscuits are pretty similar to this as well.

img_208394_0_42f27489584a675920881ab9df834166.jpg

Anyways, with the above recipe I would think covering with mashed potatoes may work as well, sort of a variant of Shepards Pie!!

I compared recipes, it's like the "sweet brötchen" we have over here... made of yeast and with a touch of sugar...delicious with raisins...
hunger.gif

Thumbs up on this one.
I altered just a little. I didn't put all the tomato sauce, about 1/2, and added mustard with the ketchup and put sliced pickles on top then the bisuits. My guys liked it, so, I'll be making it again.

Thanks vermont!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom