What's for dinner Monday, 01/02/06?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SierraCook

Master Chef
Comfort food is a good thing to have on a snowy day. I have about 4-5 inches of snow in my yard right now. I have decided to have sloppy joe's, potato salad or handcut fries, and no sugar added applesauce for dinner. My mom made sloppy joe's when I was a kid and they are still one of my favorites. I like to top mine with medium red taco sauce, onions, and shredded cheddar cheese.

What are you having for dinner tonight?

We're having leftover steak and some Chinese style skillet chicken and veggies with white rice. Have a nice dinner everyone!

I'm going to saute some shrimp, onions and garlic in some butter and olive oil.
Rice and sliced tomatoes on the side.

Bagna cauda with french bread and salad!

As Ace Ventura once said, "Do NOT go in there, whoooooooooo" That bagna cauda is some potent stuff! :ohmy: There are prob cats swarming around my door!

SierraCook said:
All your dinner choices sound so good, but especially the shrimp. I love shrimp and can never pass it up.

Neither can I Sierra!
I woke up this morning craving seafood.
I really wanted steamed clams and muscles to go alone with the shrimp
but Safeway didn't have any... so... I just got twice as much shrimp.

:)

SierraCook said:
You must like anchovies, Shannon. I just cannot get myself to get passed the anchovie part of that recipe. The rest sounds yummy, though.

Nope I am a first-timer! I meticulously cleaned all the yuckies off of some sardines cause I couldn't find anchovies at wally-world? Are they hard to find? The bagna cauda thread mentioned using sardines, so I went that route. If I find anchovies, I will try it again.

I am not sure that I could do either. One of the recipes I saw said something about anchovie paste. That would work for me. I one of those people that can eat certain things only if it doesn't look like what it is. :)

SierraCook said:
I am not sure that I could do either. One of the recipes I saw said something about anchovie paste. That would work for me. I one of those people that can eat certain things only if it doesn't look like what it is. :)
Sierra,
anchovie paste would work fine, and for your first time add a little at a time and blend it in well, give it a taste, you really don't want to taste only anchovie, but a blend of all the ingredients. I love anchovies and use the kind in the tin like sardines..They truly make the dish what it is..I bet you'd like it:)
kadesma

onion soup and french bread with jack cheese and parm..That's it we all had a very BIG lunch:LOL: plus, I've had it today, I must have been on then off a chair a couple of dozen times re-doing the kitchen cabnits..UGH

kadesma:glare:

last night i made arroz con pollo y cippolines.
i washed and patted dry some boneless skinless chicken thighs, then sprinkled them with a rub od ground cumin and celery seeds, black pepper, paprika, and dried parsley, then they were floured.
next i flavored a few tablespoons of light olive oil over medium high heat with cubed chorizo, smashed but still whole cloves of garlic, and whole cippolines. setting aside the chorizo/garlic/onions when toasted, and reserving the oil, i browned the chicken thighs, then added a family sized box of goya yellow rice, the seasoning "chunk" and 3 cups of water. the cippolines, garlic, and chorizo was nestled in, and it was brought to a boil, and covered and simmered for about 30 minutes, until the rice absorbed all of the water.
it was very good, but very salty. the browned chorizo added enough salt by itself. next time i would only use about a third of the seasoning chunk (which is essentially chicken bouillon) that came with the box of rice.

soup, fluids. ill after like 4 days! provolone sub. umm....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom