Pear/Raspberry Sandwich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
This little recipe could easily go into the "what to do with fresh pears" thread, but it would get lost in 3 pages of recipes there. So I'm posting it here.

My youngest and I were trying to thinks of a new desert to try. I had some frozen raspberries from last summer in my freezer, and some whipping cream. We also had some flavorings, such as peach, bananna, butterscotch, etc. We decided to make wome flavored whipped creams. They all came out pretty good.

To make the raspberry flavored whipped cream, I mashed 1 cup of the raspberries with an equal amount of sugar. We then floded that into the already made whipped cream, standard recipe with vanilla and powdered sugar. The raspberry addition made this whipped cream something very special. We filled a few puffs (made from choux paste) with it. They were good enough.

On a whim, my daughter took a ripe bartlett pear and sliced 2 thin wafers from it. She spread wome of the raspberry whipped cream on one slice and sadnwiched it with the other. She made that famous explamation; "Mmmmmm, this is good" along with the look of dicovering something wonderfull. I followed her example and tried the same thing. All I coud do was copy her response.

The flavors of the pear and raspberry whipped cream came together to form something similar to Kiwi fruit, but unique at the same time. Teh combination was truly deliscious. So now you know about it two.

If someone can come up with an elegant way to serve this, meybe as an hors duev're or as a dessert, maybe in a dessert cup...

I can also see this modified by blending the pear into a sauce, and folding it into the rasberry whipped cream to make a unique mousse. Though I have no idea what you would call it. It might also be great layered in a parfait glass.

Help me out by trying this flavor combination in different serving variations, and let me know how they turn out.:mrgreen:

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Goodweed, this sounds delightful, you're using my two favourite fruits on the planet (raspberries and pears). Next time that I have the good fortune of having both of them on hand (fresh not canned, lol) I will try this out as a special treat.

I agree with you that layering it in a parfait glass or a wide bowled wine glass would look lovely. Pears have a certain affinity with chocolate too, so if you wanted to go all out you could serve them in homemade or store bought chocolate "bowl" or cups.

I can't help but think that this would be delicious over a slice of angel food cake, pound cake or even some sweet brioche bread. Or perhaps inside of a waffle (ice cream) cone bowl (I used to serve homemade mousse in them all the time).

Thank-you for sharing your and your daughter's wonderful pear treat, my mouth is most certainly watering at the thought of how good it must taste :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom