Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f10/)
-   -   What is your ultimate dessert? (Multiple choice) (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f10/what-is-your-ultimate-dessert-multiple-choice-17981.html)

SierraCook 01-03-2006 08:27 PM

What is your ultimate dessert? (Multiple choice)

Although I don't eat much dessert it is one of my favorite things to eat. Every once in awhile I will treat myself to a totally mouthwatering to die for dessert.

What is your ultimate favorite dessert?

1. Something ooey gooey and chocolatey like mousse

2. Mom's homemade pie of any flavor

3. Cheesecake of any variety

4. Tiramisu or creme brulee

5. Huge bowl of your favorite ice cream with toppings

6. Cookies

7. Cream puffs, eclairs, tarts, etc.

8. Puddings or custards

9. Cake

10. Other (I am sure I forgot something.)

Alix 01-03-2006 08:37 PM

Well phooey. I voted before I realized I could pick more than one item. DANG IT! I picked other because I really enjoy fruit and cheese after dinner BUT, all that other stuff is high on my list of yummy things.

SierraCook 01-03-2006 08:41 PM

One of my desserts that I can never resist is Deep, Dark Chocolate Cake. It is made from scratch and has a rich buttercream frosting. A friend of mine makes cheesecakes of many flavors. My favorite of hers is a white chocolate frangelica cheesecake topped with raspberries. It was like Heaven. My mom and I once shared a tiramisu dessert in a restaurant. It was so good that I could have eaten the whole dessert by myself. There is something about cream puffs that I cannot resist. There is not much to them, but if I see one in a bakery I just cannot resist getting at least one.

Alix 01-03-2006 08:44 PM

I'm a sucker for spice cake with brown sugar fudge icing. Or lazy daisy oatmeal cake. Oooooooooo...just made a carrot cake that was so moist and tender you wouldn't believe it. I should post that recipe. Mmmmm...chocolate fondue with strawberries so sweet and juicy...*Homer drool happening*

SierraCook 01-03-2006 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alix
Well phooey. I voted before I realized I could pick more than one item. DANG IT! I picked other because I really enjoy fruit and cheese after dinner BUT, all that other stuff is high on my list of yummy things.

One of my favorite restaurants serves a dry Monterey Jack cheese for dessert. It is the perfect ending for an excellent meal. This restaurant is known for not skimping on the portions, so any other dessert would be a bit much.

corazon 01-03-2006 09:00 PM

I can't refuse anything chocolate and decadent. My dh prefers fruity desserts, which I gladly make for him but usually don't touch after they're made.

pdswife 01-03-2006 09:38 PM

A bowl of vanilla Ice cream and I'm in heaven~~~~

AllenOK 01-03-2006 10:23 PM

Well, I voted for just about everything on the list, as I am known for having an extreme sweet-tooth. ROFL, I could never work in a pastry kitchen, as I would balloon out to about 500 lbs so quickly!

One thing, I voted for "Other" as there was no listing for sopapillas. I just love them, fried fresh to order! Especially with that honey-butter sauce that Don Pablos uses!

buckytom 01-03-2006 10:31 PM

yoink!!! i thought it was a single vote too. :neutral:

i voted for tiramisu and creme brulee. i thought this to be an odd pairing to be a group, considering the prep and ingredients, but they happen to be my faves that i order at every chance, and thankfully are on many restaurants' menus.

Andy M. 01-03-2006 10:31 PM

All of the above and then some!

Come on now. The real question is, "Is there a dessert you don't like?" The answer is, "No!".