Pork Chops in Onion Sauce..REC.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alix said:
FOUND IT!

No whipping cream though. Think if I tossed some skim milk powder in some 1% that would thicken it enough to work?
Alix,
i've used milk before and it was fine, I just used a little at a time til I got what thickness I wanted..It won't be as rich, but with the flavor, it's great.
I'm thinking since I dust the chops with flour, when onion are about done and before putting in the milk and sugar, why not sprinkle some of that flour over the onion, blend it in the gradually add the milk. Won't that thicken the sauce?
kadesma:)

3.gif

Why didn't I think of that?? (nice smiley huh? ;) )

I'll try that kadesma, thanks for getting my brain in gear for me.

Alix said:
3.gif

Why didn't I think of that?? (nice smiley huh? ;) )

I'll try that kadesma, thanks for getting my brain in gear for me.
Cute little green guy:LOL: Hey you caught me on a good day..Most days it would have taken til tomorrow before I came to and answered..
kadesma:-p

Barb L. said:
Thank you, Kadesma for re-posting, Iam swallowing hard -sounds so- good!!!!!
You're welcome Barb,
it is good and it's easy to do. I make a double batch of the onion sauce as my gang likes to put it over either rice or mashed potatoes.

Hey Kadesma, this was good! I just made a small amount of sauce as anything onion makes Madeleine gag. I did as you suggested and made a roux out of the butter/onion mixture and some flour. Then I added the milk and a splash of white wine I'm trying to use up. It was really lovely, thanks so much for the recipe.

BTW, I agree with whoever said this would be good on chicken. I think it would be a real winner with chicken too.

Thanks Alix,
So you have one who balks at onions too? My youngest son use to hate onion, then add to that,pickles,mushrooms,olives..Life then was so amusing:LOL:
One good thing, although he still dislikes olives,pickles and now melon, onions and mushrooms he loves. There is HOPE!:LOL:
Glad you liked the recipe and I think chicken with this sauce would be great..
Kadesma

printing

hi! is there a way to print these recipes off here, without printing everything on the page and can it be saved like in a recipe box? itsbybitsy

You will have to highlight her recipe, copy and paste to wordpad or office or whatever program that you have.

This recipe has become a favorite in my family. Even I like it and I have a hard time eating onions (they upset my stomach). I cook them longer until they are carmelized before adding the sugar, flour and cream. I've made it with cube steak as well and that comes out good. Haven't tried chicken yet but will have to add that next time. I also make more sauce then next day add some crumbled bacon or chopped ham, thin out the sauce a bit with some milk and mix in some pasta.

You will have to highlight her recipe, copy and paste to wordpad or office or whatever program that you have.
Hi YOU :)
Thanks for taking care of this for me I just got through with some of the many chores I have every morning now...Also got a pan of brownies in the oven for dinner today...Good to see you, Again thanks for answering the question for Itsybitsy

kades;)

This recipe has become a favorite in my family. Even I like it and I have a hard time eating onions (they upset my stomach). I cook them longer until they are carmelized before adding the sugar, flour and cream. I've made it with cube steak as well and that comes out good. Haven't tried chicken yet but will have to add that next time. I also make more sauce then next day add some crumbled bacon or chopped ham, thin out the sauce a bit with some milk and mix in some pasta.
Jabbur,
When we post a recipe to share, we hope it will be liked and used over again.Many times we never hear if anyone has tried it out or not. So when someone takes the time to let us know as you have, it means a lot...Thank you..

hi kadesma! thanks for the recipe, I will try it next time I cook pork chops! itsybitsy from cape breton, nova scotia
Hi Itsybitsy,
Thanks for taking a look at the recipe. I do hope you will enjoy it as much as we do...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom