My New Year's resolution

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
I know I wouldn't tell you when the thread came up. and I said I would tell you this week.
I have smoked for,25 years, since I was 12 {BAD BAD BAD}
Well, I failed in stopping cold turkey, everyone was ready to strangle the witch that came out.
I have cut down to about 2 cigarettes a day compared to a pack a day. It's getting easier and easier to turn away when I get the urge. I wait until I'm just about in tears or shaking:wacko: :LOL: I don't smoke the whole cigarette at once either. It's gotten to where If I take more than 4 drags, I get a bad head rush and sick to my stomach. That helps when I get a craving to turn away.
Just wanted to share. I'm proud of myself. I have tried to quit many times and haven't succeeded to do half of what I'm doing now. Next will be excersising like I promised myself that I would and quit when I got sick last month, who knows, I could have lost 10 lbs by now if I hadn't stopped:-p

pdswife said:
YIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEE! I'm proud of you too!

Thank you!!:mrgreen:
Now, as long as I don't get addicted to the Arbor Mist wines.:wacko: I've never been able to drink wine without a headache after the first glass. This stuff is good though.:-p

Texas, I am so proud of you! Wanting to quit is the most important step! I know you will begin to feel so much healthier, and your exercising will be enhanced with your non-smoking lungs! Congrats to you, and if you ever try to get back into the regular smoking habit, I will be forced to fly to Texas and take away your new camera.

Way to go, tex!!!!! I'm way proud of you!!!!! Stay strong - we're all pulling for you!
1.gif

Thanks you guys!! :blush: I do feel better about myself already.
I can't wait until I don't want a puff at all.

Good for you. I have a million little bits of advice that helped me through it several years ago if you'd like to hear any of them. You're on the right track though. Get out and get active. That's a way to tell if you're feeling better. I was not a person who coughed a lot or had trouble breathing, so to feel the progress I was making, I started to fitness walk, because then I could feel the difference that quitting made for me. Drink lots of water, and little caffeine, and no alcohol! The drink bone's connected to the smoke bone. Now you have to get away from those couple of cigarettes you smoke per day. It's too easy to slip when you allow yourself to smoke at all.

You're doing great.

BC

Thanks BC. It's getting easier, so, I don't think it'll be much longer before I put ALL of them down.

Way to go, girl!!! My mom quit when I was 14, and she can preach how much better she feels, and looks, from not poisoning herself! You look at here pics then and now, and her skin tone is so much better, not drab. Are you going to make yourself a victory reward? My mom went and got her teeth whitened professionally, yet another incentive to not go back to smoking! We are pulling for ya! Think of all that money you will be saving, too!

I think you should reward yourself every day!
I've never smoked but... everyone says that it's VERY VERY hard to quit.
If you make it a day.. you deserve a pat on the back!!

Texasgirl you will do this big time. I am Very Proud of you, As I quit 1 Year and 5 monthes ago !
Mine is get a job and BE COOL :cool: !

Back
Top Bottom