Cinnamon Sticks, quick Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Cade is sometimes inclined to not want to eat at breakfast or is hungry at bed time..I've found he loves this and every so often I make it as a treat for him and Ethan after lunch and before dinner, kind of a mid-afternoon snack.. they love to roll the sticks in the sugar and cinnamon:LOL: Messy yes, fun and the reward of several big hugs and kisses..Hey let's make sticks:LOL:

1-c. sugar (splenda could be used)
1/4-c.cinnamon
1-loaf white bread, unsliced ( I get a whole loaf, make into sticks and freeze what I don't use for another time)
1-c.melted butter
Combine sugar and cinnamon. Trim off crusts and then, cut bread into 1-in. thick slices. Cut each slice into 4 sticks. Dip in butter roll in sugar mix. Place on foil lined sheet. Bake about 15 min at 400 or til crisp and golden brown.
Makes 2-3 doz.

enjoy,
kadesma

No, nothing at all. These two little guys just love standing on chairs and helping their Ma:LOL: And I love having them there.

kadesma:)

mudbug said:
and what's wrong with serving these as a side instead of rolls?

not a thing!

great idea, cj!
Thanks mudbug :LOL: New ideas love them... They would be good with pork chops, and applesauce instead of biscuits for a change..
kadesma

Piccolina said:
I bet those would be just lovely along side a big mug of hot cocoa or even apple cider :)
Jessica,
never thought about apple cider, yummy idea..Thanks:)

kadesma

middie said:
i do that with soft taco shells for my son.
Middie, I'll have to try that, I bet the kids will love them..Thank you.:)

kadesma

I make something similar to this - white bread (day old is better) cut in strips with crusts removed - dipped in condensed milk and rolled in coconut or nuts - then baked at 350 till brown - quick and easy as pie. In fact, easier than pie.

licia said:
I make something similar to this - white bread (day old is better) cut in strips with crusts removed - dipped in condensed milk and rolled in coconut or nuts - then baked at 350 till brown - quick and easy as pie. In fact, easier than pie.
licia,
will give them a try..I love coconut and nuts..Thanks for sharing.

kadesma

Back
Top Bottom