Re-Heating a Done Steak?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mugsy27

Sous Chef
suggestions???? microwave, oven...what do u all do?

btw..the cut is file mignon (sp?) done perfectly at med-rare. been in the fridge since last night. i want it nice and warm (hot if possible) but to further cook as little as possible!!

TIA!!!

Forget the nuker - it will turn your lovely hunk 'o meat into dog doo-doo. Wrap it in foil and put it in a low oven (325 or so) for awhile to bring it back to life.

Wrap in foil and steam it for a bit?

I usually chop mine up, fry with alil oil, fresh jalapenos and wrap in a Burrito with cheese. (knowing you don't want a Burrito, steaming was my best guess, or what Mudbug said:chef:)

I'm sorry, mudbug, but I think I'd stick it under the broiler on high heat, uncovered, for just a few minutes to crisp up the outside, then jerk it out. If you heat it up slowly, it's going to cook more inside, which it doesn't need.
Please don't nuke that lovely piece of meat, mugsy! If nothing else, throw it in a really hot skillet, sear, flip, then serve.

hmmmm...its gettin to show time...steam or broil...steam or broil...cmon peeps..hook a single man up!!

I would go with a gentle heat and just be happy getting it slightly warm. Can you put it in a ziplock back and put it in some hot water for a little while maybe?

ok...i did a combo of ideas. i put it under a broilder (high) for about 2 mins per side..that got it nice and warm. i then let it re-distribute the juices on a plate for 10 mins. put it on a plate with mashed taters and nuked for about 45 secs...perfect!!! thanx for all the ideas team!!!

I personally have dotted some herbed butter on top, and nuked for a minute or so... ziploc bag helps a little. Broiler seems like it may toughen it? oops sorry, didn't see it was too late! :ohmy:

You can do it perfectly in the nuker.

Heat it for 30 seconds on half power. If that isn't enough, do it again. It willbe hot, and it will be still juicy. the secret is half power and "creeping" up on the warmth of the meat.

No micro wave!
Just heat the broiler on high. Then stick the steak in until the outside gets bubbly. Turn over and do the same. It should save the inside as much as you can.
Otherwise: wrap in foil with a little water and butter (I put in some garlic and stuff I like) in a hot oven for awhile and hope for the best. But at least you will get some nice juice with it.
But both methods are not going to stay medium rare or whatever!

Back
Top Bottom