Beachcomber Salad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Erik

Sous Chef
I'm tryin' to eat healthy these days. This is a killer way to eat a little better.
Beachcomber Salad (Serves 4):

1/2 lb Spring Mix Lettuce

12 oz Grilled Chicken Strips

12 oz Balsamic Vinegarette

3/4 c Bleu Cheese

1 Apple, cored, sliced into 8 pieces

1 c dried cranberries

Toss lettuce with Balsmic Vinegarette, distribute between 4 large salad bowls. Drizzle Bleu Cheese, evenly over all 4 salads, evenly distribute dried cranberries over salads, top salads with chicken, garnish each salad with 2 apple slices.

Enjoy!!!

I love it for the title! "Beachcombers" was a favourite Canadian show of mine back in the late 80's. I don't like blue cheese, but I think that a soft, crumbly goat's cheese would probably work nicely here too. Many thanks for this scrumptious looking salad recipe, Erik :)

Looks good, Erik. Reminds me of a Waldorf w/o the grapes. Will try. Had to chuckle when I read the name "Beachcomber" and saw chicken as the main ingredient. Expected to see seafood. Maybe it's Chicken of the Sea. :LOL: Thanks, Erik.

I expected "seafoody" type ingredients too - but nonetheless it looks wonderful!!!! Better than dried starfish, small matchstick sizes of drift wood, topped with a few cracked sea biscuits! :mrgreen:

This is a great salad Erik. I made a similar one a couple of months ago.
Had no balsamic vinegarette or bleu cheese...which I don't care for anyway, so subbed Raspberry vinegarette and some small cubed monterey jack cheese. Yummy!

kitchenelf said:
I expected "seafoody" type ingredients too - but nonetheless it looks wonderful!!!! Better than dried starfish, small matchstick sizes of drift wood, topped with a few cracked sea biscuits! :mrgreen:

Tried that one, elfie. Takes a little manuevering with dental floss scraping the barnacles off. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom