Wild game - Rotisserie?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

callie

Head Chef
I did a quick search and didn't find any info in the Wild Game forum so here goes:

We just got a Showtime rotisserie and have cooked two chickens. Of course, we are thinking of all the things we want to cook. Anyone have any experience with cooking an elk or venison roast on a rotisserie? We'll probably try it out - but I'd love to hear from someone who has already been there!

Thanks!!!
:)

We do venison on the grill all the time and just do it like beef only don't add any salt while it is cooking or it tends to dry out more. We usually keep it moist with a sauce while cooking. Any sauce you like.

Thanks, thumper! I guess it wouldn't be any different than grilling. I wouldn't have thought about the salt - we'll be sure to leave it off.
:)

Venison really varies from location to location ... the main thing to remember is that it is really, really lean. You might consider "larding" it -- it really can get tough if you use a cooking method that doesn't allow you to incorporate liquid. A couple of strips of bacon wrapped around it can help.

Thank you, Roy. We haven't tried any game yet on the rotisserie. Wrapping in bacon is a great idea. Guess we could inject the meat, too, to add moisture inside?

Back
Top Bottom