TNT Farfalle with Asparagus, Orange and Basil Sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corazon

Executive Chef
Native New Mexican, now live in Bellingham, WA
A great no cook pasta sauce. I've made this adding shrimp and chicken. It is easy and delicious!
Farfalle with Asparagus, Orange and Basil Sauce
3/4 lb pencil thin asparagus
1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
Grated zest of 1 large orange
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, room temp
1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
Freshly ground pepper
1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, cut into strips
1/4 cup freshly grated asiago or parm, plus extra for serving

Cut asparagus spears into 1 1/2 inch lengths, set aside.
Combine garlic, orange zest butter, salt and pepper in pasta serving bowl. Set aside to warm to room temp or place the bowl (make sure it's heatproof) over the pasta pot to warm the ingredients and melt the butter while heating the water. Once the water comes to a boil, remove bowl and set aside.
Cook pasta in large pot boiling salted wated until almost al dente. Add asparagus until tender about 2 minutes. Drain pasta and asparagus and add to sauce in bowl. Sprinkle with basil and asiago. Serves 2-4

Thanks for the great looking recipe Cora, I'll be giving it a try soon.

kadesma:)

asparagus and orange, what an unique, interesting and mouth watering combination!! Thanks for the great idea cora... I am anxiously waiting for spring to come around when these beautiful vegs will be gracing the market stalls....:)

made a variation tonight using tortellini filling with chicken & proscuttio. Served it cold for dinner. Liked the shaved asiago instead of grated, because we like big pieces of cheese! It's time for spring asparagus.

Attachments

• pasta2.jpg
    pasta2.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 279
  • pasta.jpg
    pasta.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 269
Sigh. Will have to wait until spring comes around again with some decent asparagus before I can make this lovely sounding dish.

May have to try it with some green beans in the meantime...

Cora that looks sooooo good!! We just finished our first purchase of asparaguses of the season yesterday, making some risotto and on puff pastry with cheese, none left right now but we will be getting tons more, I will surely try this very soon!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom