Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Special Events Planning & Holiday Cooking (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f115/)
-   -   Playoff - Superbowl party food? (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f115/playoff-superbowl-party-food-18317.html)

marmalady 01-13-2006 08:27 PM

Playoff - Superbowl party food?

I know we've done this in the past, but we have so many new folks on board, I have to ask -

What are ya doing for playoff/superbowl party food? :smile:

BlueCat 01-13-2006 08:59 PM

For the Bears playoff game on Sunday afternoon, I'm not entertaining, just watching, so it's a regular dinner menu. Maybe steaks on the grill and pretending I'm tailgating. As for the Superbowl, last year I saw about 15 minutes of it in a drug induced stupor in the intensive care unit of the hospital in critical condition, with no food or liquid at all. I figure anything will be a step up this year!

BC

texasgirl 01-13-2006 09:02 PM

Superbowl; We don't go anywhere. We'll just stay home and I'll make dips and fingerfoods and holler for our favorite out of the two. I think there's going to be more yelling in this house over THIS weekend. I want the Steeler's to win, dh is hollering for the Colts. Youngest son want's the Pat's to win and DH will holler for ANYONE they play against. Son HATES the Cowboy's, so, there is some rivalry in this house. Son even put the Pat's logo on his car. HEHE

Saturday is the pizza and Sunday will be orange chicken and egg rolls.

pdswife 01-13-2006 09:08 PM

When is the superbowl?

BlueCat 01-13-2006 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdswife
When is the superbowl?

February 5th.

BC

pdswife 01-13-2006 09:52 PM

ahhh... it's basket ball right? lol

Andy M. 01-13-2006 10:10 PM

We'll be in Aruba for the Superbowl. We love to watch the Patriots play in the Superbowl every year.

Traditional snacks are harder to come by in Aruba. Not a lot of buffalo wings etc. However, we'll persevere and have something to celebrate the Patriots' victory.

callie 01-13-2006 10:32 PM

ummm....hello...HUGE Bronco fan here...

hubby's got his new toy - rotisserie - so game food tomorrow = brats and rope smoked sausage, hot cheese dip w/chips, cream cheese stuffed jalepenos topped w/bacon

GO BRONCOS - ON TO SUPERBOWL!!!!!

BigDog 01-13-2006 11:09 PM

The Bronco/Patriot game should be a great one. Being originally from New England, you know where I stand!

As for the Big Game on the 5th, we're hosting our Bible study group from church at our place. I'm planning to make some buffalo wings, real bacon & cheddar potato skins, and something in the crock pot (chili or something). I hope to see the Patriots in the Big Game, and to see them do what no other has done, three-peat. Regardless, I'll be watching! :chef:

buckytom 01-13-2006 11:21 PM

most likely we're staying home; i'm trying to convince a buddy to drive up from washington for the game.
if so, we'll have buffalo wings/celery/blue cheese; spinach, artichoke and cheese dip with blue corn chips; mussels fra diavolo; and i may make a pizza with my new stone. if not, we'll order in a thin crust with peppers, onions, and eggplant.