Social network popup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amber

Executive Chef
Is someone going to fix the problem? It's been taking over the DC page since yesterday. I've already read the Texasgirl thread on this, so I thought I would start a new one just to ask when it will be fixed. Thanks.

Okay, I clicked on the "about this ad" it shows a small window saying it's an advertisment and will only show once a day. If this shows up once a day, it's going to get VERY annoying. Is there anyway to contact these people and tell them ENOUGH!?

I have a popup blocker, so I guess it's not a popup, it overlaps the DC page completely.

I have popup blockers also, but it obscured the entire dc page - I had to close completely to get rid of it. Luckily, it hasn't bothered me today.

amber, I think it must be a pop up because I am not getting it. I just posted in the other thread. I suggest Google pop up blocker and Microsoft too. I use both. You can also set the level that you want to block. If you set it to high you should be OK.

This seems to be a more individual thing. Not everyone is experiencing the problem. I wish I could be more helpful to you. Give the pop up blockers a go, see if that helps.

I would also recommend you run your spyware program. AdAware or Spybot, either will get rid of any nasty thing you might have encountered. I have also had wonderful success with Ewido Security Suite, thanks to southernlady for recommending it.

It is not a pop up. I have 3 pop up blockers, verizon, msn and google.
It doesn't come up as a pop up. It almost completely covers the DC page. It is like one page together. I also have Microsoft Anti-spyware and Spybot. Both have run, my virus scanner has run and it's all clean. It's not a pop up. For some reason many of us are getting it and some are not. My opion is that it isn't a world wide thing, only nation wide within the US.

I'm on IE GB, so I don't think that is it. I'm not in the US though. Maybe that is the difference.

If it were not for how many people it was affecting then I would say it sounds very much like spyware, but since it is happening to so many different people at the same time then I would think this is unlikely.

GB said:
If it were not for how many people it was affecting then I would say it sounds very much like spyware, but since it is happening to so many different people at the same time then I would think this is unlikely.

I agree. Just to be sure, I did run adware and spybot and my system is fine. I have a pop up blocker too. I havent had this problem at other sites, it's specific to DC. It began yesterday, it happened a few times, and so far today it happened once.

Perplexing!:)

Very odd! I wish I could help out, but I don't know what else to suggest. Sure hope this goes away soon. Is there some way you can "X" out of it so it is gone quickly when it shows up?

There isn't anywhere to x out of. It's not in a window, it's a page just like this one, sitting on top of this one. There isn't the minimize, maximize and close buttons except for DC's own window. If you close, it closes DC. It's hard to explain. If it comes up again, I will try to copy it and show you.

Alix said:
Very odd! I wish I could help out, but I don't know what else to suggest. Sure hope this goes away soon. Is there some way you can "X" out of it so it is gone quickly when it shows up?

Yep, when I hit the "back" button it went away. It's more annoying than anything. It doesnt seem to be specific to browsers either since many mentioned they use IE, mozilla, firefox, verizon. It does seem only to be those of us in the US ....so far I've noticed people from Maine, Texas, Florida, Indiana, CT, Calif, Kansas, and Washington mention this problem, and all of us around the same time yesterday and again today. Weird!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom