Best way to warm biscuits?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jovin

Senior Cook
Wow! Big changes on this board since I've last logged on.

I just made a double batch of my Southern Buttermilk Biscuits, and I have to take them to a friend's for dinner tonight, but want to know the best way to warm them without drying them out. I just want them warm for the dinner.

Thanks,
Jovin

This is quite old fashioned, but my mom would sprinkle a bit of water - just a few drops into a lunch bag, put the biscuits in and close it up - heat it in the oven at about 300 for a few minutes. They tasted fresh as ever. I don't know where she got the idea.

licia said:
This is quite old fashioned, but my mom would sprinkle a bit of water - just a few drops into a lunch bag, put the biscuits in and close it up - heat it in the oven at about 300 for a few minutes. They tasted fresh as ever. I don't know where she got the idea.

Great idea, licia!!

My mother is a wizard when it comes to saving. There wasn't much she ever needed to toss out (not with 7 children)(or maybe she did need to toss out some of the children:LOL: )She had a very good head for saving and spending wisely.

JOVIN! Welcome back! Good luck with the biscuits! My method was just to spray some mist on a tea towel and then to wrap biscuits in that and warm them in the oven. Hope that helps.

hmmmmmm

img_214552_0_75f979e00e78a73158806350f1b82301.jpg

think34.gif

Just a bit of water in the bag...not on each biscuit?
kb372o.gif
kb385h.gif
kb3a4g.gif

Hi Alix!

Alix said:
JOVIN! Welcome back! Good luck with the biscuits! My method was just to spray some mist on a tea towel and then to wrap biscuits in that and warm them in the oven. Hope that helps.

YOU REMEMBERED ME! THE MILLIONS OF QUESTIONS I asked you about coffee! How are you?

kb3bsl.jpg

Mom sprinkled the water in the bag - not much - after a few minutes of reheating they were wonderful.

What do you mean by "lunch bag"? I like that idea of adding some water to basically keep the moisture in so they wont dry out.

A paper bag like you may carry a lunch in. A tea towel was suggested also. I haven't tried that, but it should work if you watch it closely, and don't have the oven too hot.

Ok licia, thanks, I was thinking a plastic baggie that I use for sandwiches, and was wondering about putting that in the oven lol. Thanks, the paper bag will steam nicely at a low temp.

amber said:
What do you mean by "lunch bag"? I like that idea of adding some water to basically keep the moisture in so they wont dry out.
Amber, our lunch bags were bought at the grocery store, just a brown paper bag. My dad use to take a brown grocery bag, rub the outside with water and then take a loaf of day old french bread wet his hands and rub the crust, place in damp bag and put it in the oven til the bread crust got a little crispy and the inside of the bread was nice and warm..Really rescued a loafe of day or two old bread.:)

kadesma

Oh, you funny young young ladies!!! You can tell what era I'm from - lunch bags are paper bags - sandwich bags are plastic!!!:)

Another way to heat them up is to place them on a plate, put them in the microwave, along with a small glass of water (in a microwave safe cup or glass, of course). Heat for around 20 to 30 seconds (more if needed, but don't heat too long). I have always gotten nice hot, fluffy biscuits this way. Another way to do them in the microwave is to put them in a dish and cover with a slightly damp towel or paper towel before microwaving (instead of the cup of water).

:) Barbara

How about a damp towel and on a rack in a crock pot or slow cooker? Wouldn't that work?
Marge
Welcome back....

Back
Top Bottom