Peanut Butter Pound Cake with Chocolate Sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mish

Washing Up
Peanut Butter Pound Cake with Chocolate Sauce

1 1/4 cups butter
2 cups granulated sugar
6 eggs
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup chopped roasted peanuts

Cream butter and sugar; beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Blend in peanut butter, then flour. Pour into two lightly greased (bottom only) 9 x 5-inch loaf pans.

Bake in preheated 350F oven for 15 minutes, then sprinkle chopped peanuts onto batter. Continue baking for 35 to 45 minutes or until centers test done. Top each slice with Peanut Butter Chocolate Sauce (recipe follows).

Peanut Butter Chocolate Sauce:
Combine 1/4 cup chocolate syrup and 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter. Mix well.

Makes 36 servings.

Variations
Stir 1 cup chocolate chips into batter before baking.
Top with scoop of ice cream and chocolate sauce.
Toast and spread with your favorite jam for breakfast.

This might be a recipe from Rosalyn Carter. Not sure of the source. I'm sure we could come up with several uses for the Peanut Butter Chocolate Sauce--over pears with butter pecan ice cream, is one idea.

OH MY HEAVENS! I am drooling reading this! I was just thinking about making peanut butter cookies to get rid of some pb that my kids don't much like but I think I will make this instead. No peanut bits in mine though, Madeleine won't touch it if there are "seeds or nuts" in it. LOL.

Thanks a million mish.

EDIT: I just noticed its in loaf pans...think I could do my fancy bundt pan without too much trouble? I think it would look nicer that way.

Last edited:
This recipe was meant for ME!
Peanut butter.. chocolate... cake... I'm starving! Thank you!!!!!

Ooooooo...how about serving with something banana flavoured? Maybe a slice of the cake with banana slices and then drizzle the sauce over it? mmmmmmmmm......

Alix said:
EDIT: I just noticed its in loaf pans...think I could do my fancy bundt pan without too much trouble? I think it would look nicer that way.

Oh Alix, bet that would look very pretty. Hope there's enough goodies to fill up the pan. Wonder if the baking time might need to be a little tweaked & if we need to butter the whole pan? Whadda you think! You're my fave trouble shooter :)

Alix said:
Ooooooo...how about serving with something banana flavoured? Maybe a slice of the cake with banana slices and then drizzle the sauce over it? mmmmmmmmm......

Ooo, Ahhh. Yum. You've given me another idea... choc peanut butter sauce over bananas. You're killing me :ROFLMAO: Keep em coming.

Thanks for the lovely compliment Mish! You have wonderful trouble shooting ideas too, I like to bounce ideas off folks and hear what they might do differently too.

I'm going to try the bundt pan (its a smaller one anyway) and I will grease the whole thing and bake it a bit longer. I'll post my results. If I get my brain together I may even post a pic. I have to go out shopping this afternoon but I think I may still have time to get this done for dessert tonight. If not tonight then for SURE tomorrow.

pdswife said:
This recipe was meant for ME!
Peanut butter.. chocolate... cake... I'm starving! Thank you!!!!!

Me 2, pds. When I see PB & chocolate & nuts, it's hard to pass up. Hope you enjoy. :)

Alix said:
Thanks for the lovely compliment Mish! You have wonderful trouble shooting ideas too, I like to bounce ideas off folks and hear what they might do differently too.

I'm going to try the bundt pan (its a smaller one anyway) and I will grease the whole thing and bake it a bit longer. I'll post my results. If I get my brain together I may even post a pic. I have to go out shopping this afternoon but I think I may still have time to get this done for dessert tonight. If not tonight then for SURE tomorrow.

Let us know how you like it, Alix. Thanks so much for your input. :)

OK, report is in. Bundt pan size was correct but I needed to adjust the cooking time and temp. 350 was too hot. It got the edges overdone while the inside was still raw. I managed to salvage this by just leaving it in a warm oven to finish. So...taste and texture are wonderful but if you do it in anything other than a loaf pan you will need to adjust the time. I think I would do the bundt pan at about 300 or 325 for 45 mins to an hour. At least in my oven.

Oh, and if you are pressed for time (as I was yesterday) Hershey's syrup works well as the sauce. LOL!

Back
Top Bottom