The TRAVELING APRON has ended.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkath

Hospitality Queen
Okay, folks - I've got an idea....:glare:

We're all a pretty close-knit group of people.....
who enjoy having a fun, and often silly time.....

So, how about this idea......

THE TRAVELING APRON GAME!
.....in a nutshell....
I'll purchase an apron, get a photo of myself in it, post the photo, then I send it to the next (willing) member of DC, who takes the photo, posts the photo...and so on...

If someone would like to be in the Traveling Apron Game, they could post this on a thread, and then when it was their turn, a pm would be sent to them for their mailing address.

I'll include an "apron's history" log which will have a space for the members to write a bit about what meal was cooked with the apron, and perhaps the recipe used too.

Maybe it could be used in a cookout contest! Or at a restaurant! Or....the possibilities are endless!

I'd like to see how many different cities this apron can visit! And states! And countries!

What do you guys think?

If this discussion ends up with some positive feedback, I'll start it going next week.

all we have to wear is the apron????

ok, i'm in. :cool:

can i wear socks at least. it's drafty in my house. :rolleyes:

so long as the socks are black, and you're wearing them with sandals.

(yes, there will be a rule that the pictures can be silly, happy, sweet, but not naughty!)

I think that's a great idea!

What if we get a fabric pen and all sign our names on it too?

Count me in jkath, man...this thing could go a Looooong Way if we send it off to kyles, Ishbel, Piccolina, urmaniac, Brooksy, mrsmac...very very cool!

Count me in!

Something else that could be done is to include a recipe on a recipe card. That recipe card would go to the new apron wearer as a memento of the apron.

Woo hoo! This is going to be fun!

pds - I had the same idea this morning when I was driving the kids to school. I'll include some type of a fabric pen. Also, home chef, what a wonderfully thoughtful idea!!!!

May I also suggest that the recipe card memento be handwritten?

I'll finish up with all the particulars and include that in the box.
If there are any more ideas, please let me know!

Here's what we'll do....

We'll send, in the posting order of this thread. For example, I'll send it to buckytom, who will send it to pdswife, who will send it to Barbara L.....

When you receive the apron, you'll post on this thread to let us know it arrived safely, then you'll pm the next person for their mailing address.

Don't worry - I'll put all the pertinent info in the box, in case there are any questions. Also, I think we need to have a limit as to how much time the apron will live at it's new location. Perhaps 2-3 days?

That works for me.. but.... life is really busy for most people. Maybe we should make it a little longer? Just to give them time to make a trip to the post office?

Include me if I can email the picture to someone to post. I don't know anything about that. DH can get it to the computer, but I don't think he knows how to put it on the site. This sounds exciting.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom