Rachael Ray to do the Iron chef show....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Flay, Ray and Laurentiis...well there's three people who's names shouldn't be spoken in the same sentence as Iron Chef ;)

but yes...I'll watch it :)

thanks for the heads up

dan

Poor Mario. Rachael isn't one of my favorite personalities on Food Network. Regardless, I look forward to watching it. I'm a fan of ICA, and it will be interesting to see the Iron Chefs working with others not normally their sous chefs.

i find it interesting that they had to team up. too many/too big egos to take a loss? i'm sure their agents were involved. who's gonna buy a cookbook or kitchen gadgets from a loser?
it shows that giada and rr are not real chefs, but tv personalities with cooking backgrounds.

Last edited:
buckytom said:
i find it interesting that they had to team up. too many/too big egos to take a loss? i'm sure their agents were involved. who's gonna buy a cookbook or kitchen gadgets from a loser?
it shows that giada and rr aren't not real chefs, but tv personalities with cooking backgrounds.

I read that Giada De Laurentiis has a culinary degree and used to own or work for a catering company. As far as I know, Rachel Ray doesn't have any professional background. You would've thought that they'd team up Mario with Giada instead because of the similar Italian background. Mario's going to want to make fresh pasta and Rachel will be busting out the Golden Grain and Prego.:sick:

ironchef said:
I read that Giada De Laurentiis has a culinary degree and used to own or work for a catering company. .

something tells me that with a name like delaurentiis, she didn't sweat a whole lot catering anything.
and lol about rr and prego...

Giada is the granddaughter of movie director Gino de Laurentis. mish could probably rattle off the names of all his movies, but I can't think of one right now.

I love Alton Brown on his own show, but I utterly dispise amercan versions of foreign TV Shows. (such as Iron Chef America) ICK!!

What was the big accident that Rachel Rey have during filming though? I saw the ad for ET but missed the show.

~ Raven ~

mish said:
As long as it is NOT

He annoys the heck out of me!
Right on Mishy,
the guy bugs me like crazy...He's bright, but who wants to watch someone play the fool:LOL:

kadesma

mudbug said:
Giada is the granddaughter of movie director Gino de Laurentis. mish could probably rattle off the names of all his movies, but I can't think of one right now.

You flatter me, mud. I would have to look up these guys' credits. First thing that came to mind was King Kong & Barbarella :rolleyes: (a movie, I'm sure, Jane would like to forget :LOL: -- if they're Dino's).

My Hero

Last edited:
Giada graduated Le Cordon Bleu Culinary School in Paris. After working in a variety of Los Angeles restaurants, including Wolfgang Puck's Spago, she started her own business. Rachel, on the other hand, has no professional training other than some OJT (on the job training) that I can find.

What next - Rachel (30-Min Meals) Ray vs Sandra (Semi-Homemade) Lee? Actually, that might be interesting.

RE: Alton Brown. Yep, he's a food geek. He is also a graduate of the New England Culinary Institute in Montpelier, VT - and has paid his dues in restaurant kitchens and catering. While some people may not like his "funky" style - I like it. Unlike most TV "cooking demonstrators" who spew out rote recipes - AB trys to arm his audience with a little of the science that explains what is going on when we cook. If you took Harold McGee's books, On Food and Cooking - The Science and Lore of the Kitchen and The Curious Cook, and Shirley Corriher's CookWise and made them into a TV show ... add a geeky guy with a bad haircut ... you get Good Eats! Could AB hold his own as a challenger on ICA? Probably not. But, he is a welcome relief after an hour of giggles and before an hour of BAMs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was surprised to see them pair up Rachel with Mario too. I think Bobby can cook and I give him credit for his accomplishments but I would have liked to see Giada and Mario paired up as winners. I missed the show. Does anyone know when they'll be showing it again?

Still waiting to hear about this supposed accident Rachel Ray was involved in...

Anyone??

Anyone??

And don't knock Alton Brown! Since they canceled Beakmans World, Bill Nye the Science Guy, Mister Wizzard, and The Muppets, he's all I get to look forward to now LOL.

I hadn't heard about an accident until I read it here. I'm not a Rachel fan - She is much too perky and insincere seeming to me - perhaps it is because she is in a hurry(?) Since she has so many shows I don't watch her at all now.

yikes! has anyone else heard about this? I picked it up off an nbc website:

Food Network star Rachael Ray has signed a deal to host a daily one-hour talk show, beginning in the Fall of 2006.

andrea

Michael in FtW said:

And, regarding culinary credentials. Giada graduated Le Cordon Bleu Culinary School in Paris. After working in a variety of Los Angeles restaurants, including Wolfgang Puck's Spago, she started her own business.
quote]

any stats or personal knowledge on real work creds, or just regurging web info (as i do, often)?

Last edited:
It's funny because Rachel Ray and Alton Brown are two of my favorite Food Network personalities. (my only other favorite being Paula Dean) .

Now I will admit that I don't like Alton in Iron Chef America but on his own show he's a riot.

I love Rachel Ray because she is so perky and bubbly and full of life, and the fact that she's just as cute as a bug's ear don't hurt either. :chef:

~ Raven ~

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom