Can I cook bacon on George Foreman grill?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Michelemarie

Executive Chef
hi everyone - i got a george foreman grill for christmas - and just happen to need to cook a pound of bacon - but it is such a mess and stinks up my house! i am wondering if i can fry this bacon on the grill? has anyone ever done this? thanks!

Yeah I would go with the highest setting. As for how long, that would depend on how well done you like it. I would check it every once in a while as that will be your best indication. Other than that, no special instruction. Just place the bacon on the grill and let it cook, then enjoy :)

I've not had luck using the GF to cook bacon. Maybe I check it too often, I don't know. It just didn't seem to cook well. It certainly did not cook the top when closed.

I cooked the bacon on the george foreman grill - it turned out "beautiful" and tasted great! Better yet, cleanup was a breeze and the bacon smell did not go through the whole house! I love the smell of bacon, but not for days! Anyways, I highly reccommend it - Cooking time varied, I started checking it every 3 minutes, but by the end of "my experiment" I found that 8-14 minutes did it for 6-8 slices - not too soft or not too crispy. I suppose less time for more rare and more time for more crunchy.

all the grease runs into the little tray - clean up is a snap! i think the bacon even takes on a better taste not sitting in all that grease - it is a win-win situation! (oh my gosh, i sound like a commercial!)

I've tried cooking bacon on our foreman grill, but it never seems to do well. I bought one of the smaller ones years ago since it is just the two of us. I just feel like it should come out crinkly (sp?) and stiff. Does that make sense? It has been awhile since I've tried it, maybe tonight will try it again since I've got some in the fridge.

Also, when cooking the bacon, do you layer them on there or do you just put one slice on per row? I always feel like the grates should be touching the whole piece of bacon and sometimes feel like it isn't. For example, sometimes after putting hamburgers on the grill, I will pull out some sliced frozen peppers or onions and grill them until carmelized. I pile them up there so that the grill grates will cook them down.

Thanks. :)

I laid the bacon all in a row - no stacking. It took longer than I thought. I let the bacon sit a bit before we ate some - I froze some too. It stays nice and flat. Good luck, I can't wait to hear how it turns out!

We used the foreman grill a few days ago to make BLT sandwiches. It worked really well, you just have to have patience. We only have a small one I bought several years ago, so it took a while to fry them up. If we had the big one, then it would have been a lot faster. Plus the dog made out like a bandit too. We put a little of the bacon grease on his food. He thought he got a nice little treat.

Michelemarie said:
i got a george foreman grill for christmas - i am wondering if i can fry this bacon on the grill?

This makes me laugh because this happened in a recent episode of 'The Office'. Michael likes bacon first thing in the morning, so he has the grill in his bedroom....he gets out of bed and accidentally steps on the grill and burns his feet.....you had to be there.

We have a fairly large one...big enough for 6 large burgers. We have used it for bacon, and as Pax says, you need to be a little patient, and be ready switch grease trays, but the bacon will be crisp and beautiful, not at all greasy. Just be sure to spray your grill with dooking spray first, so the grill will be easier to clean. The cure from the bacon can be a mess to clean up.
One thing I love about the G.F. grill, besides how lovely the bacon turns out, is that you don't have grease all over the stove after.
My husband, a dedicated pan frier, fixes brunch every Sunday, and while I don't like to look a gift horse in the mouth, the stove is always a mess afterward. He wants that fat in the pan, though, so he can cook the eggs in it.
A real heart attack on a plate.

I have never had success in cooking bacon on a GF Grill. I like my bacon crisp and I know of no better way of getting it crisp than nuking it.

We argue in our house whether to nuke it on absorbant paper or not. My preference is to put absorbant (kitchen) paper on top only.

Back
Top Bottom