One More Week - Daytona 500!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TXguy

Senior Cook
ONLY 1 MORE WEEK UNTIL THE DAYTONA 500!!! ARE YOU READY FOR SOME NASCAR???? GENTLEMEN, GET READY TO "START YOUR ENGINES!!!

I know, I'm no maidrite.

You bet I'm ready!

It appears Ken Schrader's change out of the "Duckmobile" (Schwan's car) may prove to be lucky, since he drew the pole for the Shootout. I realize that doesn't mean he's fast, but it's a stroke of luck regardless.

Also sounds like Petty Enterprises is turning things around. T'will be nice to see Richard's cars back in Victory Lane, if it is indeed a turn around. Last win back in 1999 is a long time ago. Having Labonte should help, as if I recall correctly, he was often in the hunt for the top 10 or so.

I'm interested to hear what goes on with Roush, as this is the last year NASCAR is allowing more then 5 teams. I hope DEI & RCR come on stronger then last year. T'will be weird not seeing Mikey in the 15, though.

Frankly, I am really looking forward to 2007, when Toyota joins the race. It seems they've all but netted Harvick as a driver.

Even though I am mainly a HMS and 24/48 fan, I do love racing and I like seeing all the drivers do well. I don't like seeing people win based on dirty racing or poor judgment by teams, drivers, or especially NASCAR. I am glad they changed to the green, white, checkered rule for cautions at the very end of a race. Winning a race in caution is just sheer stupidity. Yeah, it counts as a win, and even my man Jeff Gordon has won under caution. Even though it counts as a win, he said he'd have rather earned it under green.

I hope to see Jr. and DJ do better this year. Don't rule out the young guns though, either. Oh, and reigning champion Tony Stewart will remain a force to contend with.

All in all, it should be some great racing! I just hope NASCAR doesn't fabricate some rule to screw it up! :wacko:

I am but kinda sad my driver retired, thats right Rusty Wallace has been my driver since 1990... :) I am a free agent untill Steven gets to nascar...

kimbaby said:
I am but kinda sad my driver retired, thats right Rusty Wallace has been my driver since 1990... :) I am a free agent untill Steven gets to nascar...

Rusty had a heck of a last call, though. Good to see he went out with dignity and respect, and in the Chase. Won't be the same without Rusty in the Blue Deuce!

Glad to hear he's gotten a gig in announcing for racing. It's in his blood, and he'd go stir crazy if he wasn't involved in racing somehow. Kinda like DW, though DW got back into racing in the Truck series. Don't know if that will happen with Rusty, but t'would be cool. Then again, he's known for the Blue Deuce, and maybe that's best kept that way.

I hear ya big dog, but line up wont never be the same for me...
Russell William Wallace was my nascar hero...and I am gonna miss him on the track,but at least I'll get to see his son drive,he's pretty good ya know, he dominated and won the acra restictor plate race at daytona... :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom