Sunday, the 12th- what are you doing today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
i just woke up around 11, said my prayers, fed my ornery felines (they were really hungry & let me hear it), have to take a bath, give Mom a ring, talk to the BF, pay my phone bill, nap, then study. more on my day later.:huh: it's kind of undecided as of yet.

A pretty boring day here. Go through desk stuff (bills, other mail, etc.). Gotta get the paper for the coupons and comics. Then putz around the house on some business opportunities before watching Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (2 hours tonight), Iron Chef America, and Grey's Anatomy. Thenn nite nite time.

Got up and had some coffee...
Paul's fixing the toilet and then he's going out to clean the gutters
and I'm going to do some yard work.
Then it's paper work time and
then we're going to go see THE PINK PANTHER and then go out for our Heart day dinner.
That's the plan anyway... we'll see what really happens as the day goes on.

Not much going on here. dh is doing some woodwork, making us a dresser. Aidan will be in and out all day, going outside to play with dad and coming back in to warm up. Hoping to make it to the shower today, during Aidan's nap is my best bet. Tonight is a kid free dinner out with my husband! I can't wait!

Cleaning all the dishes from last night - I love to cook but this is the part I HATE! At least we have plenty of left-overs so I don't have to cook again, just heat up.

I'm watching all those sappy movies while cleaning the kitchen :rolleyes:

Husband is VERY energetic today - he actually got off the couch and got his own glass of water - :LOL:

Continued with laundry and other household chores, worked out, took a trip to Babies R Us for some child-proofing gadgets, showered (a luxury when you have a little one), maybe a nap then dinner and girls night! My two neighbor friends and I get together every Sunday night. We take turns at eachother's houses - we all get in our jammies, bring choice of beverage - usually alcoholic - maybe a snack or two, and watch sappy tv shows - is this what it has all come down to? An escape for a couple of hours - DH bathes baby and puts him to sleep then helps my teenage daughter with homework - I come home to everyone in bed - I love Sunday nights!

We woke up just in time to watch downhill (Olympics)... had late breaky with pandoro and great big cup of tea.
Then we planned for the complete rennovation of our bathroom which needs to be done soon...
Then Cristiano went to see his kids, and I watched ski jumping (Olympics again), worked on some graphic project on Cris's new company web site,
now I just finished preparing the mushroom sauce for polenta for the dinner we will have it when Cris comes home!

corazon90 said:
Not much going on here. dh is doing some woodwork, making us a dresser. Aidan will be in and out all day, going outside to play with dad and coming back in to warm up. Hoping to make it to the shower today, during Aidan's nap is my best bet. Tonight is a kid free dinner out with my husband! I can't wait!

have a great dinner, corazon!:) wow, a toddler & a newborn, babies are exhausting yet so cute! you & hubs more than deserve a night out!

Last edited:
I met my parents for breakfast in Sierraville. My mom and I had Denver omelets with hashbrowns and toast. My dad had 2 pancakes, eggs, and sausage. Needless to say no lunch for me today. My brother was not able to join us because he is on a fire assignment in Jkath's neck of the woods. Today, the strike team of engines he is with is going to the Los Padres National Forest (Monterey, CA).

Put a rub on the tri-tip that I will be grilling for dinner. Did some more laundry. Cleaned the bathroom. Watched the Budweiser shootout on TNT. Have switched the TV over to the Olympics.

rRight Cora, perpetual motion versus calm and serene:LOL: I know, had 4 and am now caring for four..

kadesma:wacko:

We managed to drag ourselves out of bed this morning to take our showers. Then we went to Sunday school and church. We got a quick lunch at Hardee's then went to the laundromat to wash clothes (our dryer is broken and I needed some things for church tonight). At 4:30 we had drama practice at church. 7:00 we presented our program at church. It was kind of a collection of skits and other things this time, not a play or anything. James was in 2 really funny (but with serious moments) skits. I was in a dramatic movement thing and a "skit" (I don't know what else to call it--we didn't do movements or acting, just sat and said our parts) called "My first memory of pain." It turned out great, which is such a relief, since a few of the participants were sick. James had a bad headache before we got there, one of the guys in James's skits had a bad headache, our director (my best friend/pastor's daughter, who also sang in the program) fell down the steps (about 3 of them) and hurt her back-side, and a girl in both of my things was throwing up before and after our skit. It went fantastically though, and everyone loved it. After church we went to Taco Bell. Now we are watching TV, and I am getting ready to do my lesson plans for the week (for any of you who might be planning on becoming a teacher, I would advise you not to wait until midnight Sunday night to do your lesson plans!).

:) Barbara

i had to dig out from the big snow storm. they keep calling it a blizzard. i've been in several of those. this was just a big snow. we got about 20 inches.
i was given a snowblower as barter a few years ago, but i've never used one, so i'll have to figure it out for next time. ya know, i actually like shovelling snow. i know i'm weird, but i love the workout, in the cold air, snorting steam like some old ox.
after shovelling out, i went to the polish bakery and picked up some awesome rye, potato salad, rolls, and ham for lunch.
then i went to kmart and bought a children's sled so we can take my son out sledding tomorrow for his first time. he was too sick last winter to go out, so i couldn't wait for the first good snow this year.

lol, i mentioned to my wife that i need to get him a helmet, to which she replied "why". then she realized my plans to take him on the sled, safely(?) tucked between my legs, and drop off a black diamond pitch...
i don't think she'll let me, yet.:(

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom