Dinner Sunday Feb 12?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corazon

Executive Chef
Native New Mexican, now live in Bellingham, WA
We are going out! Leaving the kids with our neighbors and having a meal with my husband! Imagine, we will be able to finish a full sentence without being interupted! There will probably even be some silence in our conversations. Can you tell I'm looking forward to it? What have you decided on?

We're going out too Cora.
Italian!! I've been looking at the menu and I think I've decided on pasta
with clams and muscles. I may change my mind over and over though. It all sounds so good.

I'm really glad you're getting out tonight. Have a great time!

Pork chops (boneless) coated in crushed frosted shredded wheat, then browned on both sides in olive oil and onion (well, minced onion since Mrs. Big Dog is not a fan of onion), and baked topped with S&P, ground mustard, brown sugar, worcestershire (sp?) sauce, and skinless canned tomatoes (with a bit of the juice). Bake covered for an hour, then uncovered for 10 to 15 minutes.

Some sort of veggies on the side. Maybe mixed veggies, I dunno.

:chef:

Juiced all of the grapefruit, Myer Lemons and Naval Oranges from moms backyard when I got home from church. Dawning on me that El Pollo Loco has such good chicken (I think it's marinated in citrus juices) gave me my inspiration for dinner. Only problem was, the whole huge fryer/roaster I have in the freezer wouldn't be able to defrost fast enough. So, he's out on the front porch in the warmth of the sun in a huge 5 gallon bucket of salted water, getting a jump on it. I can't marinate too soon before cooking him as I think that'll start to cook him from the acids right? Leftover mashed pots, zukes/onions/mushrooms in my jarred tomatoe sauce with Paula Deens house seasoning baked then cheddar cheese topped. The pound cake is gone so I'd better make a couple more today. Got all the ingredients and DH is enjoying so I'd better get on it.
Happy Sunday to you all.........

grilled boneless pork chops - grilled yellow squash, grilled asparagus and sauteed mushrooms.

cora and pdswife - enjoy your night out! i love, no LOVE going out to eat, i am jealous! enjoy every last bite (and sip, if ya know what i mean!):mrgreen:

Michelemarie said:
cora and pdswife - enjoy your night out! i love, no LOVE going out to eat, i am jealous! enjoy every last bite (and sip, if ya know what i mean!):mrgreen:
Thanks Michelmarie! I love going out to dinner too. A dinner out and a shower in one day! I feel spoiled! I know how you mean when you say it's a luxury to get a shower when you have little ones.:-p

Last edited:
Everyone is all over the place today, so I got about 10 crabs, cracked them and have them chilling, I'm making some shrimp with butter and white wine and lots of black pepper, warm french bread,making some garlic,parsley butter to dip the crab into, and just tossed some apple, banana,melon,berries together for a salad..That's it..

kadesma:LOL:

Last night after dinner I made a macaroni salad. It is better the next day after all the flavors have blended. Plus I wanted to take some to my Mom and Dad today at breakfast, so they could have some salad for their dinner tonight. This morning I rubbed some tri-tip with a spice rub that a friend made me for Christmas. The tri-tip will be grilled on the grill. I might have baked beans with the tri-tip and macaroni salad or make a veggie tray.

For dessert I am having a frosted heart-shaped sugar cookie that my mom made. They are my favorite. She also made 2 1/2 dozen for my coworkers. :)

Last edited:
What a great dinner! I had spinach ravioli in a walnut cream sauce. Dh had a heart attack on a plate, cheese ravioli with alfredo sauce. For dessert, a chocolate torte with a layer of apricot preserves in the center and covered with ganache. More than anything, being alone with my husband was the best part! We weren't ready to come home yet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom