Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Today's Menu (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/)
-   -   Dinner Sunday Feb 12? (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/dinner-sunday-feb-12-a-19200.html)

corazon 02-12-2006 02:38 PM

Dinner Sunday Feb 12?

We are going out! Leaving the kids with our neighbors and having a meal with my husband! Imagine, we will be able to finish a full sentence without being interupted! There will probably even be some silence in our conversations. Can you tell I'm looking forward to it? What have you decided on?

pdswife 02-12-2006 02:49 PM

We're going out too Cora.
Italian!! I've been looking at the menu and I think I've decided on pasta
with clams and muscles. I may change my mind over and over though. It all sounds so good.

I'm really glad you're getting out tonight. Have a great time!

BigDog 02-12-2006 03:12 PM

Pork chops (boneless) coated in crushed frosted shredded wheat, then browned on both sides in olive oil and onion (well, minced onion since Mrs. Big Dog is not a fan of onion), and baked topped with S&P, ground mustard, brown sugar, worcestershire (sp?) sauce, and skinless canned tomatoes (with a bit of the juice). Bake covered for an hour, then uncovered for 10 to 15 minutes.

Some sort of veggies on the side. Maybe mixed veggies, I dunno.

:chef:

kitchenelf 02-12-2006 03:16 PM

Left-over lamb, risotto, greens, and Thai mussels - and the rest of the sparkling wine :mrgreen:

LEFSElover 02-12-2006 03:55 PM

Juiced all of the grapefruit, Myer Lemons and Naval Oranges from moms backyard when I got home from church. Dawning on me that El Pollo Loco has such good chicken (I think it's marinated in citrus juices) gave me my inspiration for dinner. Only problem was, the whole huge fryer/roaster I have in the freezer wouldn't be able to defrost fast enough. So, he's out on the front porch in the warmth of the sun in a huge 5 gallon bucket of salted water, getting a jump on it. I can't marinate too soon before cooking him as I think that'll start to cook him from the acids right? Leftover mashed pots, zukes/onions/mushrooms in my jarred tomatoe sauce with Paula Deens house seasoning baked then cheddar cheese topped. The pound cake is gone so I'd better make a couple more today. Got all the ingredients and DH is enjoying so I'd better get on it.
Happy Sunday to you all.........

GB 02-12-2006 04:00 PM

Pumpkin Polenta with Chorizo and Black Beans

kimbaby 02-12-2006 04:12 PM

Meatloaf...

Michelemarie 02-12-2006 04:20 PM

grilled boneless pork chops - grilled yellow squash, grilled asparagus and sauteed mushrooms.

cora and pdswife - enjoy your night out! i love, no LOVE going out to eat, i am jealous! enjoy every last bite (and sip, if ya know what i mean!):mrgreen:

chefgirlardee 02-12-2006 04:44 PM

Chicken primavera with pasta and mozzarella sticks with homemade marinara sauce

corazon 02-12-2006 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michelemarie
cora and pdswife - enjoy your night out! i love, no LOVE going out to eat, i am jealous! enjoy every last bite (and sip, if ya know what i mean!):mrgreen:

Thanks Michelmarie! I love going out to dinner too. A dinner out and a shower in one day! I feel spoiled! I know how you mean when you say it's a luxury to get a shower when you have little ones.:tongue: