What is Valentines Day to YOU?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is Valentines Day to YOU?!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Frankly, I never make any big deal about it, well any deal for that matter... to me it is another occasion where guys have to get stressed over what "special thing" they have to do for their girlfriends to keep them happy... I would not make Cris go through that and I clearly told him the first time around. So it is just another day.

Paul and I show each other love every day.. but we give and get a lot of extra hugs and kisses today.

I will have to agree with a "corporate money maker". It's basically any other ordinary day that's been commercialized. Everyday should be a day to express genuine love towards our loved ones and no roses, chocolates, or diamonds have to be present. That's only my opinion. Although I do believe that I can take advantage of this day to make my friends and family smile with a special, sweet treat.

Never cared that much about it. Never expected anything like flowers or chocolates or a card.....never gave anything either. But, tonight, after 23 years of marriage, I came home with a silly card and danced my husband around the kitchen, just because. Maybe I should have made more of a fuss after all.....

Lots of Ghirardelli chocolate, Deadly. Baked heart shaped fudge brownies, chocolate chip cookies and lemon bars, wrapped in cellophane with red ribbon. Everyone was happy!

Sandyj said:
Never cared that much about it. Never expected anything like flowers or chocolates or a card.....never gave anything either. But, tonight, after 23 years of marriage, I came home with a silly card and danced my husband around the kitchen, just because. Maybe I should have made more of a fuss after all.....

That is really cute Sandy... these little things means something special because it happens "Just Because", not because "it is valentines day". Your occasion happened to happen on a valentines day... I am happy you guys had such a special moment to share!!:)

It's nothing special to me. I watch as my sister and another co-worker get roses and my niece get's taken out to lunch, while I keep working! I buy my boys and dh something every year though. My youngest usually buys me something, this year, I told him NO. I want him to save his money so that he can start his life as he is wanting to. He's bought me stuff since he was in Kindergarten and they sold things for the small kids to buy.

Hey Texasgirl....that's really sweet of your son, he must adore you, and you adore him, too....don't stop him giving a gift to you, if you can help it! Giving something to you is a wonderful memory for him, too. I was reminded (in a harsh, harsh way) recently that life is so short and precious and you better Love the One You're With!. Even if Valentine's day is commercialized (or Christmas, Hannukah or whatever)...it still reminds you of something important. Take Care...Sandyj!
P.S. and I'm having a nice Valentine's day with my husband and eldest daughter. We've all had 'sucky' days today, so we've decided to watch a movie that we love and my daughter has ordered take-out for us from "The Blue Moon Cafe" and I am having some chilled Pinot Grigio tonight, dag nabbit, sucky day or not.

Since the h's bday is the 12th and the anv is the 22nd, we only celebrate this as our Auntie's birthday. I baked her a meyer lemon bundt cake with light pink vanilla frosting and decorated it with fresh raspberries and powdered sugar.

I agree about the corporate money maker. Next thing you know, we'll see commercials telling men that if they really loved their woman, they'd buy them a diamond bracelet for groundhog day.

Back
Top Bottom