Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Cookbooks, Software etc. (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f87/)
-   -   Rachael Ray's 365 recipes 30 min cookbook (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f87/rachael-rays-365-recipes-30-min-cookbook-19286.html)

VickiQ 02-14-2006 06:29 PM

Rachael Ray's 365 recipes 30 min cookbook

My future daughter in law gave me this cookbook for Christmas and gave me a list of all the recipes that sounded good to her. I have made quite a few of them and many others - for the most part they are good and take 30 minutes to prepare:smile: but, the worst part is they take 45 minutes to clean up!!!:ermm: My future D-I-L doesn't like to cook- my son does though- little do they both know when they get married- I'm giving them the cookbook with all my notes in it for them to make their- I'm sure they would rather I cook for them but, sometimes my kitchen is closed!!!!:lol: Love and energy, Vicki

Erik 02-14-2006 11:25 PM

I just picked up a copy for my wife. I see some cool ideas in there...it's not very hard to cook her recipes, and my wife, who barely cooks, enjoys it!!!

GB 02-15-2006 07:28 AM

My MIL gave me this book for the holidays and I love it! There is a recipe in there that we have made over and over. It has quickly become a favorite of ours. It is the Pumpkin Polenta with Chorizo and Black Beans. Clean up in not too bad with it. Give it a shot.

Michelemarie 02-15-2006 07:39 AM

I have been eyeballin' this book - glad to hear the good reviews - I guess I need to go get it! Thanks!

GB 02-15-2006 07:42 AM

I have made three things out of it so far and I have about 30 sticky notes marking other recipes to try as soon as possible. Each recipe so far has been a success.

VickiQ 03-02-2006 01:27 PM

Thought I would share with you the recipes I've tried from RR's365 No Repeats cookbook if that's ok-

Smoky Turkey Shepard's pie- Good

Mega Meatball Pizza Big hit

Turkey Noodle Casserole so-so

Turkey Saltimboca rolls excellent

Chicken with wild mushrooms
and balsamic cream very good

Balsamic glazed pork chops Very good

Spicy shrimp bok choy noodle
bowl good- alittle too strong on the ginger

Turkey croquettes good

Chicken francese excellent

Chicken tortilla soup very good

Grilled Chicken Paillard excellent-my favorite

Cacciatore Burgers excellent

Salsa Stoup and double
decker quesadillas very good

Mac and smoked gouda
w/cauliflower excellent

Pasta w/roasted eggplant
sauce and ricotta salata excellent

Tonight I'm making the Bel Aria Chicken and Pasta- I'll let you know how it turns out. I love having this cookbook- it's a no brainer on what's for dinner-just a few recipes before shopping day and get the ingriedients.
Hope this was helpful!!!:)
Love and energy, Vicki

buckytom 03-02-2006 02:56 PM

vicki, do you use her trick of a "garbage bowl" on the counter to help save time on clean up? it's one tip from her that i've adopted.

Michelemarie 03-02-2006 03:54 PM

Thanks for sharing Vicki! Now I know where to start.

VickiQ 03-02-2006 04:44 PM

No I don't use a garbage bowl but I do use double thickness paper towels for seeds, garlic and onion skins and the like.If I have something really messy there is usually a mushroom container to catch it or I just open up the kitchen can. BTW tonight's BEL ARIA CHICKEN and PASTA was Bellisima!!!!That means good :)

VickiQ 03-02-2006 04:46 PM

PS Buckytom - I LOVE your quote!!!