Dinner Wednesday, February 15th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
it's really early, i woke up, & therefore i'm thinking dinner.:LOL:
i was thinking of asking this guy i like:wub: to take me out for another dinner. or i may get a cheeseburger or something cause i have an obligation for tonite. it's early.
what are you having?

Last edited:
umm, luvs, should we ask? what happened to, umm, what did you call him, babe? your old bf?

tonight, since i didn't get all of the ingredients for the thai fish dish i was supposed to make for v-day dinner becuase i got stuck late at work (i ended up getting thai take out), i'm gonna make flounder and shrimp picatta. wine, butter, garlic, herbs, capers. i'll probably make garlic mashed yukon gold spuds, or if i have time, garlic and rosemary roasted red potatoes.

Shrimp scampi with Fetuccine, Brocclini with cherry tomatoes, and whole grain garlic bread,The first 2 recipes are from First magazine.We're doing Valentine's day dinner a day late because everyone except me had to work!!!

Paul won't be home until late tonight...so he'll get a bowl of soup.

I think I'll have some salad and fruit.

buckytom said:
i'm gonna make flounder and shrimp picatta. wine, butter, garlic, herbs, capers. i'll probably make garlic mashed yukon gold spuds, or if i have time, garlic and rosemary roasted red potatoes.

Yum! Can I come over and have some??? :-p

As for me, I think I'll make some fish chowder and have it with some roasted veggies. It's really cold outside today, snowed like heck lastnight - so I want something WARM and tasty.

you're welcome anytime grumblebee.

i'm not sure if it's gonna be more like a scampi, or a picatta yet.

PeppA got some steak. Odds are, I'm going to GRILL it outside (even though it's Feb). It hit 45°F outside today, and I don't think it's going to cool off to much before dinnertime.

Didn't get chance to go to the store as Carson is running a fever, so since I had lots of roma tomatoes on hand, I made a tomato bisque and will make some grilled cheese on country french bread with swiss cheese and ham and use the pannini grill..no dessert, we overdid it with creme brulee last night :LOL:

kadesma

Sure enough, I rubbed some Montreal Steak Seasoning onto some round steaks, and grilled it to med-well (overcooked it a bit, I'm out of practice). Some parmesan angel hair pasta (boxed mix), broccoli and corn, and some texas toast. MMMMMM

Of course, PeppA said I used to much Montreal Steak seasoning. I thought it was perfect, as did her mom.

AllenMI said:
Sure enough, I rubbed some Montreal Steak Seasoning onto some round steaks, and grilled it to med-well (overcooked it a bit, I'm out of practice). Some parmesan angel hair pasta (boxed mix), broccoli and corn, and some texas toast. MMMMMM

Of course, PeppA said I used to much Montreal Steak seasoning. I thought it was perfect, as did her mom.

I love Montreal Steak seasoning. Yum. (and BTW, there is no such thing as "too much seasoning!" :LOL: )

I know its not meant for it, but sometimes I put the montreal steak seasoning on salmon and then bake it in the oven. It's surprisingly good on all kinds of fish! (even though its meant for red meat)

... the other half of my lunch from school. I ordered Mongolian Beef and it was very tasty. I ate it tonight in my hotel. A glass of wine next then to bed as 03:45AM comes very early. Long day tomorrow, hope this back holds up.......

one of our Chefs prepared some food for our class:w00t:. i had a steak & a few other things, delicious.

grumblebee said:
I love Montreal Steak seasoning. Yum. (and BTW, there is no such thing as "too much seasoning!" :LOL: )

I know its not meant for it, but sometimes I put the montreal steak seasoning on salmon and then bake it in the oven. It's surprisingly good on all kinds of fish! (even though its meant for red meat)

Thanks for the idea! I've got 4 pieces of salmon in my freezer that are screaming to be used. I've also got 3 tuna steaks that need to be used.

I'll probably end up blackening the tuna, unless I coat them with sesame seeds, lightly sear them, then slice and serve over Lo Mein Noodles.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom