Dinner 2/16? NYC?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dinner? For once there is more important thing to mind than din din tonight!! Mens Figure Skating finals!! I can't even think of that until it is over!! Plus Cris has a late meeting and won't be home at least until midnight, I will bake a bread this afternoon and we will have that with some cheeses and nice roasted pork slices we picked up yesterday as latenight munchies...

I live North west of the city and today is supposed to be relatively mild-in the 50s.I hope you enjoy whatever it is you have for dinner tonight and you have a beautiful view from your room with it!!!We're having empanandas with mango and spicy mixed veggies on the side.Enjoy!!!

DH is dropping my13 year old daughter off at the airport to so she can visit her dad in FL this weekend :( :( and he wont be home til late - so dinner for me won't be until after I put my 18 mos son to bed - probably canned soup or rice or, oh i remember, i have some leftover spaetzle in the fridge - that's it then, leftover spaetlze - thanks guys!:wacko:

lefse, i wish i knew that you were coming, i would have met you and shown you the sights.

if you're on the west side, i can give you a number of good places to eat.

and like vickieq said, today will be unseasonably warm.

lefse, I'm sure there are a few people here who could suggest some good places in the city near where you are staying. It is suppose to be nice today and the snow is suppose to start melting, but the weekend doesn't look too good unfortunately.

I will probably be having waffles for dinner tonight.

Well Tonight Is Survivor Night So I Will Fix Dinner Ahead,maybe A Nice Roast With Carrots,red Bliss Potatoes,celery,and Onions On A Bed Of Rice...

I'm making some bean soup. I'll had either ham or bacon.
I can't decide which yet... it's too early.

Kim... what do you think of this seasons SURVIVOR so far??

Lef, have seen you on the forum, but didn't realize you're in Ca, as I am. As a native newyawka, if I went back to NYC, I'd be out of the room, and visiting all the restaurants and broadway and off-off broadway shows. We can always come back to the warm climate here :) IMO, Ny is the best when it comes to food and entertainment. LA is great, but doesn't compare, imo, with the offerings of the Big Apple. Definitley culture shock, when I moved here.

Whoa!

It's like 55 degrees in NYC today!! Plus beautiful sunshine.:ohmy:

I'm driving htere later today or in the am. Tomorrow it will be very windy.

You must not stay in your hotel room when you have the incredible playground of NYC before you! Especially when it comes to eating.

Where are you staying?

jennyema said:
You must not stay in your hotel room when you have the incredible playground of NYC before you! Especially when it comes to eating.
I couldn't agree more. There are so many options and great places to go, even if it is just for an hour. Go out and explore. Don't stay in!!!

We just has a new hamburger stand type restaurant open here in town. I stopped off after work and got myself a burger. The nice thing is that they use hamburger buns made by a local bakery and you have a choice of whole wheat or white hamburger buns. All the ground hamburger comes from local cattle ranches. She keeps the meny small so to prepare all the entrees she serves well. The French fries are hand cut not frozen out of a bag. My hamburger was great. The only compliant that I have is that the fries where not hot or crisp enough. I think they need to turn up the temperature on the fryer.

I ended up going to a pizza place that was walkable. My problem was, very early get up in the morning.1:30am my body clock time so I had to get to bed early so I could wake up and go to work. As many of you mentioned about the food in NYC, I completely agree. It is a haven for magnificant munching. Bucky, next time I'll try to let you know so you can.........that'd be fun.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom