Beef And Gravy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kimbaby

Executive Chef
i MADE THIS LAST NIGHT IT WAS GOOD...
I took some all purpose stew meat floured in flour/salt/pepper/garlic powder/browned in hot oil... added three can of brown gravy(i know its not home made,but it mixed with the natural juices of the meat,and was quite tasty indeed) also added some bell pepper/onion mix turned it on low let it cook for about 45 minutes covered,it was so good had mashed potatoes and green beans as sides... I even topped my potetoes with the beef and all.
It turned out really well... :chef:

sounds like a quick and easy way to make a stew...not a bad trick at all! and each of us can personalize as we go along, ...I like that too. thanks

my mom used to make something like this, with a little less liquid and the peppers were only put in about 5 minutes before it was done, but she would serve it with white rice. it was her version of pepper steak.
thanks for the reminder and recipe kim.:chef:

Sounds like good stick-to-your-ribs comfort food, kimbaby. Will give this a try over some hot buttered parslied noodles & some carrots. Thank you!

I love dishes like that, sounds delicious Kim. I can't recall who said it, or where I heard it but I'm apt to agree with the statement that "gravy should be its own food group!" :mrgreen:

This thread reminds me of something we used to get at Boy Scout camp when I was a kid. It was called pork and gravy. Just meat and gravy (from a can, no doubt) and it was delicious. I'm gonna have to try recreating that dish one day.

I love nice easy dishes like that.
And the fact that you can change it around to fit your tastes is
an added bonus.

Keep on cooking Kim!

buckytom said:
my mom used to make something like this, with a little less liquid and the peppers were only put in about 5 minutes before it was done, but she would serve it with white rice. it was her version of pepper steak.
thanks for the reminder and recipe kim.:chef:

yes a bed of hot piping rice would be excellent...
glad you liked the recipe... :chef:

Back
Top Bottom