Tattoos...opinion?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is YOUR opinion on Tattoos? (votes NOT public)

• Cant get enough! Expressive and sexy!

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • One or Two small ones are nice.

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • I dont care either way unless there are a LOT of them.

• I dont like them. I wouldnt get them.

• Good for a pirate. Otherwise they are repulsive.

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I have NO opinion. Leave me out of this Deadly Sushi!

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Middie I didnt even finish posting my poll and you responded! :LOL: How THAT happened I have NO idea. But for THIS poll everyone is anonymous. So VOTE your feelings! :)

cause i'm gooooooood sush lol.
anyhow i like them as long as
you're not covered head to toe
in them. just thought i'd clarify that

I think they're interesting. I have one that extends from my elbow to almost my shoulder. No regrets. I generally think they're more attractive if SOME effort has gone into keeping them 'discreet'. That said, I also like the 'art show' style displays (just not for ME).

Tatoos are cool if they're done right and the tatoo matches the person. It's funny when you see some people with a certain tatoo and it just doesn't look right.

I don't mind them a bit as long as they are easily covered for formal occasions.

My wife has several small ones (5 in all) but again they are all easily covered though she does get strange looks from snooty church people when at the swimming pool. :LOL:

~ Raven ~

I think they are wonderful. I only have one, and for the time being it's enough for me but there is really that part of my soul that could get decked out (tastefully) from head to toe in images & words that have deep meanings to me. As a woman I find the majority of tattoos on men ravishingly attractive, and those on other women very beautiful.

I tend to think that if the tattoo was entered into with the right frame of mind (lol, as oppressed to 12 beers making the judgment calls for you) and after a bit of consideration, the wearer will usually display it (or them) in a way that conveys that he or she is happy with their tattoo art. And that sense of happiness with their tat(s) makes the particular design look good on that person. What works on one person doesn't always look as good (or “fitting”) on another.

I love the sense of permanence that a tattoo implies (I know that they can now be “removed”, but for most people our skin art is a lifelong companion). Something about the choice to commit yourself to modifying your body for the rest of your days is very appealing to me.

Piccolina said:
I love the sense of permanence that a tattoo implies (I know that they can now be “removed”, but for most people our skin art is a lifelong companion). Something about the choice to commit yourself to modifying your body for the rest of your days is very appealing to me.

The problem is that it happens too often that what seems to be a brilliant idea at certain point can become something you will sorely regret later... even if you can remove it probably it will be a lot more of a hassle to do it than putting it on... to me it doesn't seem worth the trouble..:wacko:

And who knows this will not happen to you....
21.gif

img_232704_1_5c3f2284716e9224065924ac77b2db99.jpg

Last edited:
I like them but I am to chicken to get one,and I also don't like a bunch(like biker tats) and jailhouse tats noda!!! :)
good poll sushi...

I like them in moderation. I have 2 and I really love them and dont regret getting them at all!

I don't have any. I think most of them are interesting though. I watch Miami Ink on TLC. I love to see what people get and why. Those guys on there are really good!!

:) I have a zuni bear fetish between one of my shoulder blades my only regret is I put it in a spot where no one can see I would like an indian bear paw symbol but the one I got, put me in big time shock the tatooist had to stop several times for me to recover I almost quit in the middle of it but Im glad I have it now.

I'm getting a tattoo, just don't know when. It is/was a tradition in the Philippines to get a tattoo to mark adulthood and it would be neat to be able to carry on the tradition.

Anau, that is a good reason. Keeping up with your cultural tradition is a very cool thing, as it has deep meaning. :) This I agree with.

--------------------------

That said, I think it will be quite humorous to be in the old folk's retirement home, seeing all the 80 year old gals with their rising suns on their backs...or at least they used to be there...now they're setting somewhere south...and thier silicone chests. Goes so well with the false teeth and walkers.

Robo410 said:
got six so far...need some intertoo connective art

got 7 piercings

steel;it does a body good!

Robo, I'm curious about the piercings...ears? lips? nose? eyebrow?

My daughter has a small Rolling Stones Tongue on her ankle that is really cute, and a rose on her breast.
Last time we went to Key West, I thought really hard about getting one, but I'd been partyin' all day, and my very wise husband suggested I sleep on it, and decide the next morning. I was going to get a small butterfly on my fanny.
Our friend's daughter is a beautiful young woman, but her whole back and one shoulder are covered with a large tatoo (spider web), in addition to others on her body. The tats are beautiful, a real work of art, but for my own taste, way too much. She has such beautiful skin, and you can't even see it with all the ink.

I watched a couple of my friends get inked about a month and a half ago.
So I came home and designed one that I will reward myself with.

I'm close to 300 pounds right now. I just moved to a new city, started a new job, I have a new place to live and a new outlook. I don't think of myself as 300 pounds I think of myself at about 190-200. So I plan on joining the gym starting March. I priced out memberships at the YMCA and Planet Fitness. I will go with planet fitness at 15 dollars a month.

Before I left Hickory I was talking with a friend and she said to me "I need to work on me before I worry about someone else." I thought, you know your right. I need to get me to the point where I look like the way I picture myself.

SO, when I get to my goal, I'm getting my ink.
sorry that was a little long way around to a simple answer.

Back
Top Bottom