Guess what this is a photo of!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
phinz said:
Could be blocking software at work?
Got it in one, phinz. I switched from Norton, which I know well, to MacAfee, which is free from my Internet Provider. It's a little embarrassing, since much of my work life is spent doing computer work; in my defense, I deal mostly with hardware and OS stuff... It turns out that MacAfee does this work in their privacy settings, whereas Norton does it in the firewall settings. Thank you!

What is this?:

unknown.jpg

Last edited:
I'm guessing it's in somebody's computer, because it doesn't look like it's on this planet, and I've never seen anything that high resolution come from a spacecraft. ;)

phinz said:
I'm guessing it's in somebody's computer, because it doesn't look like it's on this planet, and I've never seen anything that high resolution come from a spacecraft. ;)
Oops. I edited the question to read "What is this?" It may not be a fair question; want a different pic?

Last edited:
Are you asking what planet or moon of a planet? I'm a bit confused. Is this an actual picture or not?

Alix said:
Are you asking what planet or moon of a planet? I'm a bit confused. Is this an actual picture or not?
Sorry about that. I think I should withdraw the picture as I have learned that it is an internet hoax. Since I posted (thanks, Phinz, for making me think to check it out), I found that Snopes has it listed as a created picture supposedly of sunset at the North Pole; it was, in fact, created by an astronomer using digital imaging. My bad. Shall I post a different picture, or skip my turn?

Back
Top Bottom